Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Administration Denies Reconstruction Funding for MN

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Indeed, what's the Trump approval in that state now?
    What was it prior?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    What was it prior?
    Good question.

On second thought... So perhaps he should offer enough funding to rebuild the low income housing unit that was being built and was torched by rioters -as long as the money is earmarked for that project only. Then when they burn it down a second time "because-Trump," he can tell them to bite his ass.

I agree that we are one nation, but this is similar to using Federal money to build in a floodplain and asking for more when it floods.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Do you think giving up the precinct house was a good call?
    Watching this unfold as your Western neighbor, I thought that was pretty much the "permission slip" to "roll tide" for the rioters.
    It was definitely "Autobots, roll out" for everything that happened afterward. I think you've got that part exactly right.

The thing is, that precinct was either getting invaded or torched. The mob that was there was extremely motivated, so I'd be willing to bet that significant force would have been required to disperse it. That whole thing had a real powder-keg feel to it, except the keg wasn't filled with powder, it was full of FOOF.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    On second thought... So perhaps he should offer enough funding to rebuild the low income housing unit that was being built and was tor hed by rioters -as long as the money is earmarked for that project only. Then when they burn it down a second time "because-Trump," he can tell them to bite his ass.

I agree that we are one nation, but this is similar to using Federal money to build in a floodplain and asking for more when it floods.
    And yet look at all the pols and their familial connections, and other notorious individuals (and their interests) that had their hands out right quick for PPP money. Whether properly entitled or not.

Seems a lot of the alleged moral high ground being occupied by the elites of gov't and industry, is actually based on quicksand.

I don't expect anything to change in that regard. I'll just go back to being my old cynical self.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by tjmitchem View Post
    It was definitely "Autobots, roll out" for everything that happened afterward. I think you've got that part exactly right.

The thing is, that precinct was either getting invaded or torched. The mob that was there was extremely motivated, so I'd be willing to bet that significant force would have been required to disperse it. That whole thing had a real powder-keg feel to it, except the keg wasn't filled with powder, it was full of FOOF.
    And I'm fine with that use of force.
    If they had held the line, they may have only had to maintain order, vs restore it.
    JMHO.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And yet look at all the pols and their familial connections, and other notorious individuals (and their interests) that had their hands out right quick for PPP money. Whether properly entitled or not.

Seems a lot of the alleged moral high ground being occupied by the elites of gov't and industry, is actually based on quicksand.

I don't expect anything to change in that regard. I'll just go back to being my old cynical self.
    The Hermetic texts proclaim "As above, So below" so your cynicism seems legit.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

And I'm fine with that use of force.
    If they had held the line, they may have only had to maintain order, vs restore it.
    JMHO.
    I suppose it depends on how many bodies you're willing to accept, because I can't see it going down any other way, especially with the outside actors we had here who seemed to show up before George Floyd's body was even cold. It's like Scotty beamed them in, they got here so fast.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmitchem View Post
    I suppose it depends on how many bodies you're willing to accept, because I can't see it going down any other way, especially with the outside actors we had here who seemed to show up before George Floyd's body was even cold. It's like Scotty beamed them in, they got here so fast.
    I would not be so quick to accept the "outside actors" narrative. Yes, there were some, but they were a small part of what happened.

As for maintaining order. You either do it, or you don't. It costs what it costs.

The way you mitigate the cost by by taking firm action as quickly as possible. The cost, both human and material, is the direct result of the initial inaction on the part of city and state officials. The LE mantra of "more force sooner equals less force later" applies as much to the macro level just as much as to the individual level.

It's no different than managing any other group of people. It is much more effective to take a strong position early and ease off a bit as the situation allows than to be hands off and then try to take back control of an already deteriorated situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would not be so quick to accept the "outside actors" narrative. Yes, there were some, but they were a small part of what happened.
    I saw at least five with my own two eyes. Handing out cash to get people to start shit fits my definition of "outside actor".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As for maintaining order. You either do it, or you don't. It costs what it costs.
    I defer to the experts

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that call

User Tag List