Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: For those who EDC a DA/SA, what's your small gun?

I'm more of a LEM fan than a proper DA/SA guy, but I'll submit my vote for the HK P2000SK. It's a remarkable little pistol - sized between a G26 and a G19. It conceals extremely well appendix in a GMCK, and gives up little in performance to it's big brother the P2000.

I was luke warm about the SK for a long time, and some of my older posts reflect that attitude. But I've carried it almost exclusively for a year and have developed a real appreciation for it's performance and concealability.

Sig 227 or HK P30L .. small carry would be HK P30.

Site Supporter
    Langdon 92 or 92C AIWB. For NPE I carry two Ruger LCP II's in .22 in both front pockets.

I do carry all the time, but it's usually a Glock.
    I've got three DA/SA SIGs: P225, P229R, P226R. My most often carried SIG is the P229R. When carrying I don't find much difference in size between the three. I've got iwb and owb holsters for all three.

I have to dial the clock back to 1991-1993, or so. S&W 3913.

I used a SIG P220, with the heel-clip “Euro” mag release, as my duty and much-personal-carry pistol, 1991-1993. I sold it to finance a P220 with the push-button “American” mag release. For the intended interim, between SIGs, I carried a GP100 in my duty holster. Sometime during this time frame, I added a DA/SA S&W Model 3913. I do not recall how much overlap there was, having both the P220 and the 3913, but I would not have bought the 3913, had I not trained so much with the DA/SA P220, to feel comfortable with DA/SA.

I actually did not acquire an “American” P220, as it did not fit me as well as the prior version. It pointed far too low. Rather than fight nature, I kept toting .357 Mag revolvers in the duty holster, and, increasingly, during much personal time.

In 1997, I started my second great mostly-1911 phase, which resulted in most of my non-1911 auto-pistols going away. 20+ years later, about the time I retired from LEO-ing, in late 2017 or early 2018, I saw a well-preserved S&W 3913 TSW, and bought it, because nostalgia. It may never become an EDC, unless I do the big switch to lefty primary carry. (Compact Nines vex my aging, ailing right wrist.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Sig P225A1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    That's a Wingclaw 2.5 with soft loops, and the large foam wedge.

I was very surprised with how concealable it is.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I have the exact same Wing Claw 2.5 for an M9A1, with the 'wide' carry clips and a large foam wedge. It carries an M9, M9A1, or 92FS quite nicely and can absolutely disappear under most shirts that aren't rash-guard tight. With the slide length and foam wedge it's uncomfortable to bend over, but otherwise it carries very well.

I recently made the jump into an HK45C LEM with a similar JMCK holster to be my 'small gun' and it didn't improve concealment vs the M9 nearly as much as I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I recently made the jump into an HK45C LEM with a similar JMCK holster to be my 'small gun' and it didn't improve concealment vs the M9 nearly as much as I was expecting.
    This is similar to where I'm at. I tried making my P99 Compact work as my small gun to have consistent ergonomics, but found for the most part that if I can conceal the compact, I can conceal the full size, and if I need something smaller than the full size, I need something slimmer than the compact. I've just found that, for me, there isn't much practicality to mid-size guns that fall between the just-slightly-larger-than-G19 P99 and the PPS, at least not enough to outweigh the convenience of only having two carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by learnerpermitted View Post
    I would be interested in seeing the responses to this thread. I have been looking for single stack DA/SA coincidently. At one point I was looking at the Walther PPK/S. It’s “sexy” and smaller than a PX4 CC and I inherited one from my father. I was considering buying one and leaving my dad’s unshot or rarely shot to preserve his memory. However i saw more reasons not to carry one than to carry one.

Imagine a slimmer single stack PX4 CC. That would be awesome.
    That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a minority paddle-lover so I'd rather see a single stack P30SK, but I'd probably buy either in short order if it could replace my PPS.

User Tag List