Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who EDC a DA/SA, what's your small gun?

I rarely carry anything but a CZ P-07 anymore. Occasionally, I’ll carry a G26 or a Ruger LCR 9mm.

I haven’t touched my G43 or LCP in a long time.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Kahr9

My reasoning is that the DA pull is consistent with the first pull on the larger gun and I’m going to err on the side of long and heavy vs short and light.

Site Supporter
    Usual EDC is a full-size PX4, small one is a P99c. If I need to go smaller than that, it's a J frame.

I would have to experiment to see if a revolver would work for me. One of my small gun applications is AIWB under the vest of a tailored three piece suit, and flat is really the name of the game there.

I’d give the XD-E a chance out of curiosity if I had the opportunity to shoot one, but I’ve owned an XD and don’t really want another.

Also had a PPK and tried really, really hard to make it work so I had all DA/SA triggers. I couldn’t handle the slide bite. And there was a CM9 between that and the PPS, which I liked well enough, but I shoot the PPS much better and see it as a wash between the two as far as safety features (one has a DA trigger, the other lets you monitor trigger movement). Plus I do like paddles. I’d be interested in a CW9 eventually to see if a tad larger gun makes a difference.

All the revolver responses do have me thinking about a 9mm LCR again.

Site Supporter
    EDC a PX4CC. Small gun is a steel J Frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahr P9 or LCR .38, normal EDC is a P07

Vending Machine Operator
    My little bitty gun has been a Ruger LCP for years and years. I have 2 of them. Might get a 3rd at some point. They're not especially durable little things I got the second so the first didn't get too beaten up from practice.

I've got an M2.0 Shield, a G19, and M2.0 Compact, a Beretta 85 Cheetah, lots of midsize and small options, but my life requires formal dress clothes more often than street clothes and formal dress clothes are just piss poor for carrying, for the most part.

When I travel it's the 19 or 2.0 Compact, when I'm in street clothes it's the Shield 9mm, but the reality for most of my life is the LCP. I don't think it's a fun or sexy gun. I don't enjoy shooting it. I harbor no illusions about my competency with it being much further than a 10-foot-away mag dump, but for the role of carrying in unsuited clothes in non-permissive environments, nothing comes close.

I would like to get a J-Frame again at some point. I think the J-Frame carries just a mite easier than the Shield.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

New DA/SA

Just ordered a Beretta 92x Compact Railed, G type not F for the de-cocker. I’ve carried a G19 for the past several years, but have always loved berettas and shoot them as well or better. Also snagged a JM Custom Kydex holster and 4 15 round MEC GAR mags from LTT to go with it. Can’t wait. My full sized 92FS was a tad large to carry.

Site Supporter
    I EDC an LTT Centurion, but do have a a PX4C I do trust to carry if needed, but I just don't usually find that "need", pretty much ever.

If I absolutely have to have something that will never ever print, I'd be back to back pocket carry of a KelTec P32.

For quite a few years, my small DA/SA carry gun has been a S&W 3913. It is unremarkable, other than it fits me well and is reliable with any of the many kinds of ammo I've used in it....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List