Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who EDC a DA/SA, what's your small gun?

For those who EDC a DA/SA, what's your small gun?

There are a number of threads about subcompact, single stack DA/SA options, with the conclusion generally being there isn't really a great option fitting that role. So I'm curious what those whose primary pistol is a DA/SA are carrying for a small gun option. My primary is a full size Walther P99, but when I need a small gun, it needs to be flat, so I have a PPS M1 for when clothing requires it. Aside from the trigger it's ergonomically similar, and the built-in-gadget striker indicator means I'm comfortable with it from an AIWB safety standpoint, but it still bugs me that I have two different triggers to work with. Not that I've come up with a better alternative.

I'm assuming most of the answers will be split between small revolvers and gadget-equipped slimline Glocks, but I'm still curious what other people are doing.

Px4 compact.

Sight radius and barrel shorter than a g26, slightly smaller than a g19. Shoots softer than most full-size guns.

J Frame for me

J frame. Flat isn’t a priority for concealment; “not gun-shaped” is.

A boot-gripped 642 in a pocket or on the ankle doesn’t print “gun” like most subcompact handguns do.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

At the moment I have no small gun counterpart to my 92. My intention is to make a J frame my small gun, eventually. However, I've had times a Beretta 21A may have been possible when a J frame wouldn't have been.

Langdon Tactical's XD-E series I think is intended to work toward that role, but I'm not very interested in it for whatever reason. You may find it's what you're looking for. It appears pretty flat.

-Cory

USPSA/occasional carry P99, EDC P99c, don't own anything smaller at present. In the event that I ever decide I do need something smaller/thinner, it'll probably wind up being a PPS M1 if I can find one in order to maintain essentially the same manual of arms (I REALLY like paddle mag releases). That said, I'd probably be remiss not to at least consider newer thin options like the SIG P365, G43, G48, etc..

J-frame or LCP.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

PX4C or j frame.

I was underwhelmed by the XD-E.
    David S.

I would be interested in seeing the responses to this thread. I have been looking for single stack DA/SA coincidently. At one point I was looking at the Walther PPK/S. It’s “sexy” and smaller than a PX4 CC and I inherited one from my father. I was considering buying one and leaving my dad’s unshot or rarely shot to preserve his memory. However i saw more reasons not to carry one than to carry one.

Imagine a slimmer single stack PX4 CC. That would be awesome.

Revolver, S&W j-frame. Pistol, HK P2000 9mm DA/SA, version 3 I believe it is called.

User Tag List