Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who EDC a DA/SA, what's your small gun?

Not a DA/SA but I run a HK P30K LEM for EDC with a pair of P30 mags as spares. Shoots like a full size gun and carries so easy. Love being able to thumb the hammer when holstering. A DA/SA version is available if that is your preference.

S&W 442

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm no longer a member of this group, but my "small" gun was a P245. Note that it's not really a small gun compared to the many current offerings of actually small guns, but was small for a DA/SA .45 auto. There's little practical reason to own or carry one any longer, but I have a ton of magazines for it and like it so I keep it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm no longer a member of this group, but my "small" gun was a P245. Note that it's not really a small gun compared to the many current offerings of actually small guns, but was small for a DA/SA .45 auto. There's little practical reason to own or carry one any longer, but I have a ton of magazines for it and like it so I keep it.
    Nice. I have a P245 as well. I shot mine for the first time in a while the other day... puts holes right where I want them. A P239 hides a bit better, so I usually end up carrying that if I’m carrying a Sig. But there’s something I’ll always love about the P245.

Site Supporter
    Edc a SIG P229. Buuuttt. I shoot a lot of 1911 too, so small gun is currently a P938.

my EDC is a PX4CC and my small gun is a Gen1 LCP pocket carried with a desantis pocket holster. It used to be a Glock26 with a Tulster holster but when the PX4 compact is too big, the difference in size compared to the G26 isn't enough to compel me to carry the G26.

Normal EDC is an HK VP9. Smaller EDC is a Walther PPS M2. If I need something smaller than that or for pocket carry/back up it will be a J frame.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    When I was in uniform for the city, I carried a SIG 239 to back up my duty 9mm 226. The weight and size got a bit much. While I really liked consistent manuals of arms, I later went to a Glock 27 to back up my .40 226 and finally a 9mm M&P Shield. When I was retired, that was backing up an FNS-9 giving me ammunition compatibility and a more-or-less consistent manual of arms. I considered an FNS-9 Compact for about three seconds, but size and my lack of confidence in the FNS system benched that idea.

I normally carry an HK P30 or P2KSK LEM but use a Kahr PM9 when I need a small gun. The DAO Kahr seems the closest available option to LEM in an auto pistol.

With the heat, I’ve permanently gone J-frame when not working. Exception being the really hot day that I needed to cut the grass... which I tossed on the LCP in my shorts.

Once the heat dissipates, I’m considering going back to my CZ SP-01. I just sold off all the 15 round magazines (from NJ), and will get 17 rounders. Have a few CGW parts coming (extended firing pin, and some springs), and will try to get some rounds through it over the upcoming weeks. Eventually will have that chipped up enamel paint removed and plate the entire gun (CCR’s CPII).

What is stemming this movement is the brass at my work being such against us carrying weapon lights. It is actually idiotic, to say the least. If I could keep a light on my Glock 19, I’d be more inclined to carry it off duty. But not investing in more holsters, and then having to install/yank the light between shifts.

The J-frame will still be my go to small gun, but also picked up a .32 Manurhin PP off my C&R. No import marks. It has a phenomenal trigger, so was looking to send it out to be plated. Not sure if it will go into carry gun realm... maybe extra pistol in the truck.

User Tag List