Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S./ Texas Lawshield. .... worth the $$$ ?

U.S./ Texas Lawshield. .... worth the $$$ ?

I considering this due to current events.

1. I live just inside Montgomery Co., TX. We have a very pro 2nd amendment Sheriff. He declared our co. one of
    the few 2nd amend. co.s in the country. I know its just a declaration and not a law, but it at least demonstrates his mind-set.

A few blocks over and my domain would be at the mercy of Houston's MAU-MAU mayor and his synchophant
    police chief, Ass-evedo.

A most likely situation that might require use of force would be a necessary incusion into unfriendly territory. Such as, comming back from our Grandaughter's wedding in Galveston on Sat. night June, 20, travelling north on I45 to Houston/Kingwood. If traffic came to a halt and I had been pinned-in on 4 sides, I would have thought it was just another Sat. traffic jam at 10:30 P.M. It just occured to me it could have been something more serious.

Sorry, long story, but this has got me considering Texas Lawshield. First impression looks like possibly good protection for cheap.

Any opinions/reviews from the hive?

I would be interested in hearing from someone that has this also. It is becoming more and more likely if you live in an urban area, that you may have to use physical means to get out of a situation that goes sideways. Just look at the couple in ST. Louis that just had their rifle confiscated by the police for trying to defend themselves from a mob.

I have considered it. I have several friends that carry it, but have never had to call them.

If it makes you feel better go for it.

If you want to pick your own attorney - and I suggest that you do - and I also suggest if you need a good criminal attorney you want one who doesn’t belong to a network like this - maybe give it a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Did you read the contract? A few things that make me question if it's worth the cost:

d. This Policy specifically excludes legal representation in criminal or civil matters arising from the Covered Person's possession of a weapon in violation of local, state, or federal laws or in the commission of any crime for which justification under state law is inapplicable.
    So if they decide your "Use of a Weapon" is criminal in nature, you have to fight them in arbitration to get them to cover you. Are you going to buy insurance to cover your legal expenses in presenting your case to the American Arbitration Association?

In none of these instances does the Insurer stand in the position of guarantor as to the honesty, proficiency, accuracy, or resourcefulness of the individual Plan Attorney or firm of Plan Attorney.
    Interesting.

In the event that a Covered Person does not agree with the Plan Attorney's advice or recommendations, the Plan Attorney may terminate the representation if done pursuant to the Bar Rules or Code of Professional Responsibility. Member or Covered Person may at all times retain counsel other than the Independent Plan Attorney provided under this Policy, however, Member and Covered Person shall be responsible for all attorneys' fees, cost and expenses of this different counsel and shall receive no reimbursement under this Policy.
    Also interesting.

So they don't guarantee you a good lawyer, and if you don't like the one they give you, tough shit. If they don't think your actions are legally justified, you can be cut loose as long as they convince the arbitrator. You think a lot of bad press might influence that decision? I don't know, maybe they are a 100/100 on the integrity meter, but that's a question I'd want answered before I gave them money.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Certainly some of these plans must be worthwhile, but I wonder about some things. For example, if I were to get arrested in a city out of town, like a couple hundred miles from home, does this attorney get you out of jail by arranging for bond payment? I have personal knowledge over a four year period about court appointed attorneys serving inmates. All were paid based on guilty pleas. Most did nothing for the inmates. Zero. My fear would be drawing some joker with a mindset of being paid but not working for the client. There must be a good way to screen these companies.

If you want coverage like that I think CCW Safe is a much better company. I did a lot of research on both companies last year. US Lawshield seems to be a little on the shady side. Their literature is flashy and the talk a good game but I don't know if they would really come through if you needed them. I also had a difficult time finding any cases that they actually represented someone in.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    If you want coverage like that I think CCW Safe is a much better company. I did a lot of research on both companies last year. US Lawshield seems to be a little on the shady side. Their literature is flashy and the talk a good game but I don't know if they would really come through if you needed them. I also had a difficult time finding any cases that they actually represented someone in.
    That's who I'm with. I've got the HR 218 plan.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The OP might wish to look into USCCA as well. USCCA offers coverage for non-LE that ranges from $22 per month for a basic policy up to $47 per month for a policy that has all the bells and whistles.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List