Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambidextrious doodads- As in AR

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    ...Are you telling me that instead of waiting several months for a fancy ambi safety, I could simply cancel my order and turn the part I already have in my rifle around? Sonuva... How come no one ever tells me these things? :P I feel like such a n00b...
    Update: Yup. Pop the safety out, flip it around, pop it back in, and you have yourself a left-handed safety. I still feel stupid for not knowing this earlier.

Thank you Colt for making the safety that way, and thank you Rob_S for telling me they are made that way.
    Last edited by That Guy; 09-20-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: tpyo.

I use the BCM ambi charging handle, BAD ambi safety, and KAC mag release. I've never had any of these parts fail during non-work-related training and I believe firmly in making things ambi if the parts are reliable and not too expensive.
    #RESIST

I am a lefty. When I was issued an M-16 and later could sign out an AR-15, I made due with the stock layout. On my own guns I use an ambi safety and charging handle.

Colt ambi safety and a Geissele ambi charging handle for me.

I am cross-eye dominant. Most of my long-gun shooting has been with right hand oriented rifles, and it isn't really a big deal to work them effectively from the left shoulder. I recently put together an AR with ambidextrous features (AXTS 45deg ambi safety and Troy ambi magazine release) and find that I strongly prefer this setup for my purposes. In some ways it is actually more ergonomically optimized for things like locking the bolt back since the bolt lock/release is within easy reach of my left index finger.

While not necessary, I do plan on updating all my AR's with those features.
    TY83544

Born a left handed but my drill sergeants' took that tendency out of me when it came to shoulder fired weapons. I switched back to shooting rifles, shotguns left handed in the '03 time frame. I've shot the m249 SAW left handed but do not recommend it.

My work and personal ARs have ambi selectors / safeties and ambi charging handles as well. Nothing else. Those seem to be enough for me.

User Tag List