Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Glock red dot pistols to do it all

“Pre Acro and SRO”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My G45 MOS 'Roland Special' has become a favorite, though most of my Glocks are now sporting a MRDS. The G45 is very versatile - you can take it from G19 length all the way to G34 length...
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 4425
Size:  100.6 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My uses for a pistol mostly fall into EDC, competition, training and field use. While I have more than three Glock pistols, if I had to, I think I could cover all my needs with three red dot Glock pistols:

A Gen 5 17 MOS with a SRO and a CHPWS V4 defender plate.

A Gen 5 19 MOS with an Acro, a Tango Down Acro MOS plate and Ameriglo BUIS.

A Gen 5 45 direct milled for the RMR/SRO/Holosun footprint, one or more optics from that footprint group, and Ameriglo BUIS.

The 17 would be my USPSA Carry Optics pistol, the 19 would be my EDC, and the 45 would be primary for field use and back up to the 17 and 19.

Done.
    GJM- Every time I read a post title like this from you I click on it with a mix of excitement and trepidation. Excitement because there finally might be “the answer” to a pistol red dot solution and I can finally make the leap, and trepidation because when that day finally comes, it’s going to be expensive for me 😀

Either way, I appreciate the time, money, and effort you guys put into the research on this stuff and I look forward to the day I can upgrade the fleet to all RDS.

I dedicated my COVID19 quarantine dry-fire practice to my RDS transition. I've only recently been able to return to live fire practice. Scored a 5.5 FAST yesterday with the Roland. I can do better I'm sure.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

One more of this and maybe a third just to have. A 43X with a dueck and RMR would be cool for lazy days around the house.

Cool, “Karma”-what is that mag well?
    To the OP:
    I could, and can, get along with my Gen5G19MOS w/ACRO. That’s one.
    Others? MAYBE a Gen534MOS for a little extra length, but if pressed, a G45MOS with a GLOCK threaded barrel and an SRO. Don’t have sight or suppressor, but I can dream...
    Third? Already got it-a Gen5 G26 w/BOLD sights. Backup gun, sometime a primary; I’m big enough to pocket carry if I desire. And every double column GLOCK mag works-to include the 33 rounders-I’ve tried it!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Cool, “Karma”-what is that mag well?
    To the OP:
    I could, and can, get along with my Gen5G19MOS w/ACRO. That’s one.
    Others? MAYBE a Gen534MOS for a little extra length, but if pressed, a G45MOS with a GLOCK threaded barrel and an SRO. Don’t have sight or suppressor, but I can dream...
    Third? Already got it-a Gen5 G26 w/BOLD sights. Backup gun, sometime a primary; I’m big enough to pocket carry if I desire. And every double column GLOCK mag works-to include the 33 rounders-I’ve tried it!

SLR G45 magwell

https://slrrifleworks.com/gen-5-g45-...gwell-adapter/

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    One more of this and maybe a third just to have. A 43X with a dueck and RMR would be cool for lazy days around the house.
    Can you tell me a bit about the PMM Comp? Like has it stayed secure and does it do a good job of recoil mitigation? I don't ever see much feedback about PMM's comps and their shim retention method.
    I'm wanting to Comp a Glock 19.5 and am deciding between the JTTC Ultra and the KMM Roland comp.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sorry, I mix and match my 19/45/19X pieces depending upon which optic and lower I want. When I said 19 for EDC, I was referring to the 19 frame.
    That choice was a surprise to me. I figured go smaller to a G26 for when smaller is really necessary and use the field pistol for all the concealed carry that it works with.

The slimlines are not in the game for EDC? Is that because the optics choices for such a thin gun are also thin (in choices)?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That choice was a surprise to me. I figured go smaller to a G26 for when smaller is really necessary and use the field pistol for all the concealed carry that it works with.

The slimlines are not in the game for EDC? Is that because the optics choices for such a thin gun are also thin (in choices)?
    A 43X/48 is my EDC, but unlike with the larger Glock pistols, red dot solutions are still in flux for the slimline Glocks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List