Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Glock red dot pistols to do it all

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think a direct mill installation is stronger/more secure, and places the optic lower, which allows you to use a .315 front sight rather than .350 with a RMR/SRO/Holosun 507. Since the RMR footprint allows use of an RMR, SRO and Holosun, I don’t think you are giving up too much going with a direct mill.

The Acro is still low with the Tango Down MOS plate, so I think MOS makes sense in case the 509T turns out to be more desirable.

On my competition gun, I want the flexibility to run whatever is best at that moment, so MOS makes sense — especially with a great plate like the V4.

G45 is a crossover gun that can act large or small, so it is a perfect “third pistol.”
    That makes sense (as expected). Why the 17 for carry optics vs. another 45?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    That makes sense (as expected). Why the 17 for carry optics vs. another 45?
    I have spent a fair amount of time with the 17, 34 and 45, and the 17 is the sweet spot for me for USPSA.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am similar.

G17 milled for RMR footprint
    G48 milled for the new holosun
    G43 for an underwear gun

Copies of the g17 and g48 for training. Done.

Sorry, I mix and match my 19/45/19X pieces depending upon which optic and lower I want. When I said 19 for EDC, I was referring to the 19 frame.
    You’ll need a G47...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

What happened to the 4/3x. (43x in street slang) I thought you packed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    What happened to the 4/3x. (43x in street slang) I thought you packed that?
    It is in my pants!

While I have more than three Glock pistols
    Understatement of the century.

I'm not a serious gamer and I don't even own a pistol mounted red dot. That being said, I think I could get by with a G45 for everything. Carry optics gun, carry gun, field gun, house gun, fun gun. The plan is to set one up with an RMR and keep a second one with iron sights. Once I vet myself on red dots I'll set up a third one with an RMR. If a more better ACRO hits the market I might go that way instead. As much as I don't like Glocks they're just working for me. I really like the 43x and have a pair of those setup. One for carry one for training. It has become my favorite carry gun. I reserve the right to change once I start working with a dot.

I've been really tempted by the M&P 2.0 but the Glock has really become the best plug and play option out there. If I hated the 43x I would probably change my mind.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

It is in my pants!
    I know you said that the 45 can act small or large, but I keep thinking that I would replace the 45 with a 43 because it can act even smaller.

While, I'm one of those guys who carries a 19.5 RMR with a comp and X300 appendix. Sometimes a smaller gun might be useful. I keep going back to "I've never heard of anyone in an actual fight that wished that they had a smaller gun with less ammo" therefore the Roland S type of carry, but there are times when an itty bitty is awfully attractive.

Nice list and it makes us all think about our own choices.

The reason I didn’t mention the slimline Glocks is, unlike the 17/19 series, I think red dot options are still being worked out for the small Glocks. The RMSc strikes me as delicate, the initial Romeo Zero optics were iffy, and while I have high hopes for the 507K, they are still to be tested over months of use.

I really do like how you can mix and match the 19/19 MOS/19X/45/45 MOS. Here are some of the pieces I had from a picture back in 2018, that was pretty Acro and SRO.

Name:  51643255-EC26-434D-929D-29873FB98498.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  72.9 KB

User Tag List