Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Glock red dot pistols to do it all

Three Glock red dot pistols to do it all

My uses for a pistol mostly fall into EDC, competition, training and field use. While I have more than three Glock pistols, if I had to, I think I could cover all my needs with three red dot Glock pistols:

A Gen 5 17 MOS with a SRO and a CHPWS V4 defender plate.

A Gen 5 19 MOS with an Acro, a Tango Down Acro MOS plate and Ameriglo BUIS.

A Gen 5 45 direct milled for the RMR/SRO/Holosun footprint, one or more optics from that footprint group, and Ameriglo BUIS.

The 17 would be my USPSA Carry Optics pistol, the 19 would be my EDC, and the 45 would be primary for field use and back up to the 17 and 19.

Done.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    The most interesting part of that list is to me is the acro for your edc. Have you been edc’ing an acro set up for a while, and have you posted holster pics here?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My uses for a pistol mostly fall into EDC, competition, training and field use. While I have more than three Glock pistols, if I had to, I think I could cover all my needs with three red dot Glock pistols:

A Gen 5 45 direct milled for the RMR/SRO/Holosun footprint, one or more optics from that footprint group, and Ameriglo BUIS.

The 17 would be my USPSA Carry Optics pistol, the 19 would be my EDC, and the 45 would be primary for field use and back up to the 17 and 19.

Done.
    I don't shoot Glock pistols anymore, but often find myself daydreaming about getting it all done with two or three pistols, and my "list" is very similar. I have nowhere near the expertise or skill of George, but my choices would be:

1. Gen 5 G17 direct milled with 5 MOA SRO - IDPA Carry Optics pistol
    2. Gen 5 G19 direct milled with 5 MOA SRO and Ameriglo BUIS - EDC
    3. Gen 5 G17 with Ameriglo Hackathorn Gen 5 iron sights - Backup EDC and IDPA SSP pistol

Site Supporter
    My list is similar G34.5 and two gen 19s. The 34 is my gaming gun and the 19 primary and back up EDC, and can be used for matches. I have holosun 407 on the 34 and one 19 working on getting the 2nd one set up for optics. If I could find a gen 5 19 or 45 I would upgrade, but I'm happy with the gen 3 for now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Done.
    I think you mixed up your Field optic with your EDC optic. Otherwise. Yep those will do nicely.

My list:

G19.4 - ATEi direct milled RMR/ TTT stippling is my duty gun.

G19.3 - Make Ready Firearms frame job, Brownells/SWP/AIM Surplus/SRO Roland top end is my CO/Open gun.

G48 - Stipp Grips frame job and soon to be Roland’d as my off duty.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I'm really curious about some whys here, G.

Why the direct mill specifically for the 3rd option?
    Why a 45 vs. 17 for those two applications? (why not both one or the other)
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Sorry, I mix and match my 19/45/19X pieces depending upon which optic and lower I want. When I said 19 for EDC, I was referring to the 19 frame.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post

Same questions I have.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post

I think a direct mill installation is stronger/more secure, and places the optic lower, which allows you to use a .315 front sight rather than .350 with a RMR/SRO/Holosun 507. Since the RMR footprint allows use of an RMR, SRO and Holosun, I don’t think you are giving up too much going with a direct mill.

The Acro is still low with the Tango Down MOS plate, so I think MOS makes sense in case the 509T turns out to be more desirable.

On my competition gun, I want the flexibility to run whatever is best at that moment, so MOS makes sense — especially with a great plate like the V4.

G45 is a crossover gun that can act large or small, so it is a perfect “third pistol.”

User Tag List