Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In other news: Utah state of emergency over riot

In other news: Utah state of emergency over riot

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...vil-unrest?amp

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert (R) late Thursday declared a state of emergency in Salt Lake City following tense demonstrations that saw protesters square off against Salt Lake City police.

Protesters flooded the streets after the Salt Lake County district attorney announced that the May police killing of Bernardo Palacios Carbajal was justified.

Meh....

Salt Lake has riot envy. Between COVID-19, and these freaking riots, I predict you’re going to see some serious urban flight.
    Last edited by Greg; 07-11-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Given the discussion in a recent thread about Utahan politics, I expect SLC will demonstrate how to handle these matters efficiently.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've thought about Utah for residency...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I've thought about Utah for residency...
    It’s a good place. I’d consider Intermountain if I don’t stay at Michigan (no reason to think I’d leave). From an EM perspective, it’s popular. Be prepared for behavior style interview I’m told - that whole STAR format.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

Protesters flooded the streets after the Salt Lake County district attorney announced that the May police killing of Bernardo Palacios Carbajal was justified.
    This got dealt with pretty quickly and professionally. They got together, made some noise, then LE came over and said it was time to go home, and home they went. State of emergency is ordered till Monday. I shot a match on SLC's westside today, then went to an ethnic grocery store on southside, and then to my favorite liquor store not too far from the center. Day as usual, no drama.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

@YVK, there's alcohol in SLC?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You gotta know places, I think

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    As I said, I went to the store today. So, no, there's no more alcohol left in SLC.

Seriously though, there's been quite a bit of new things locally in this regard. Epic Brewery, based in SLC and Denver, produces my favorite beer, second only to some of the European stuff, sold in Europe only. There are numerous distilleries making different things, like agave based gin etc. One is now making 80% ABV hand sanitizer, sold in many places, including a coffee shop at my hospital. I keep asking for them to change the formula to alcohol only, no additives...
    Other than inability to have stuff delivered to your home, it is not too bad here. Certainly better than PA which is where I was doing my last postgrad year.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Ask him about the eleven percent “craft” beer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List