Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In other news: Utah state of emergency over riot

Site Supporter
    If PA got rid of Wolfe and the state stores that would be a win win

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    These folks in Park City make some Bourbon and Rye that are quite good.
    https://www.highwest.com/our-story
    High West is worthy to imbibe.

Just a note, they blend their stuff locally, after ordering the majority of their base spirit from MB Roland in Indiana. That's not a bad thing, a lot of people do that. But they are not a grain to glass shop.

I think their rye is really good stuff, and frankly a better buy than WhistlePig who does the same thing. No disrespect to David Brown (God rest his soul). I just think Hight West charges less for an equally good bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    High West is worthy to imbibe.

Just a note, they blend their stuff locally, after ordering the majority of their base spirit from MB Roland in Indiana. That's not a bad thing, a lot of people do that. But they are not a grain to glass shop.

I think their rye is really good stuff, and frankly a better buy than WhistlePig who does the same thing. No disrespect to David Brown (God rest his soul). I just think Hight West charges less for an equally good bottle.
    High west rye is indeed very good. As to the base spirit IN thing, as you know, they’ll get there at some point. HW is only, what, 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    High west rye is indeed very good. As to the base spirit IN thing, as you know, they’ll get there at some point. HW is only, what, 12 years old?
    I am honestly not sure how old.

And yes, that is a good pathway to success. Gain your experience as a blender while creating and laying down your own stocks. Then you are ready for some truly amazing whiskey!

I went through a distillers program with a very well-known distillery here in Texas. Honestly, the hardest part of the program was the blending - taking multiple barrels with different tastes, and marrying them to make exactly what you want.

The folks at High West do a really good job with that - they are very consistent, and just about everyone loves their products - me included.

I have a bottle of the 2018 Midsummer Night's Dram that won the Double Gold that year. I'm saving it for next year's Tac-Con here in Dallas, along with a few other bottles of unobtanium. Be sure and let me know if you are going to be here, we'll crack open some neat stuff of theirs.

There’s got to be a Utah Brewery that does a Porter Rockwell
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    There’s got to be a Utah Brewery that does a Porter Rockwell
    Rockwell Beer Company has a porter. That's as close as I could find and it's not in Utah.

Chris

We like Epic Brewery in SLC.

On one winter visit, we tried to visit the state liquor store downtown SLC around closing time. There was a guy in a ski mask involved in some sort of fuckery in the parking lot, so we drove on.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List