Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another reminder to get a dashcam!

Will the police take you're camera as evidence after a crash? I've heard that but no experience with it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Will the police take you're camera as evidence after a crash? I've heard that but no experience with it.
    I can't speak for all police everywhere, but no. It's not a crime, it's a civil matter. Now if there's a criminal element, maybe until the video is downloaded.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Policing is regional, it varies from state to state, county to county, city to city, even officer to officer. I’ve been pulled over exactly once in thirteen years (11 over to meet my child’s bus), I didn’t bring up the dashcam and the cop didn’t notice it and was completely unaware that it was recording our conversation. In other words, there’s no definitive answer to your question.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    This morning is getting expensive. A link for BCM lowers got me to pull the trigger on two. Now your post has gotten me to pull the trigger on two of these.

If we get a critical mass of P-F’ers to buy these, we may just be able to come up with enough content to create a dash cam video thread! Ha!
    Were the lowers a really good price? If so Link for lowers?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My daughter and I nearly got ran off the road or into a head-on collision just a few minutes ago. This is from my old Mobius dashcam that I really need to replace. That being said, I'm still a 1000% better off than those without a dashcam at all.

Attachment 57178
    Guy in that truck probably was distracted after hitting “new posts” on Pistol-Forum.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m probably ordering this one based on reviews. Think about it, for under $100, you have complete piece of mind.
    I had that. Pretty good. I still have it somewhere.
    I moved to a 3 channel dashcam in one (Vantrue N4 - front, rear and in-cabin) and a dual channel RV mirror dashcam in another (Vantrue M1 - front and rear).

Site Supporter
    Thoughts on this one for a front and rear camera?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075S7W6FR/ref=emc_b_5_mob_t

https://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-ST...er_p_2637.html
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Were the lowers a really good price? If so Link for lowers?
    Great price? No. Quality stripped lower, in stock? Yes.

My son mentioned that some cams can upload to the cloud so you can see footage if, say, your car is stolen. Everything I know about these dashcams I learned here today, so is the cloud thing worth considering?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M5DWDQS/

I have the non-GPS version in my truck: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQM3V3J/ref=emc_b_5_t which is, oddly, a bit more expensive.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List