Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another reminder to get a dashcam!

Glad you are okay LL.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    My son mentioned that some cams can upload to the cloud so you can see footage if, say, your car is stolen. Everything I know about these dashcams I learned here today, so is the cloud thing worth considering?
    I wouldn’t worry about it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Thoughts on this one for a front and rear camera?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075S7W6FR/ref=emc_b_5_mob_t
    It's pretty good. I tested it.
    Has full HD both channels but bit rate is not as high at around 10mbps on both.
    Here's a review thread:
    https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...dashcam.31471/

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Will the police take you're camera as evidence after a crash? I've heard that but no experience with it.
    Even if they don’t take it for evidence you have video for the Officer investigating the crash to view at the scene.

ETA I’m pretty sure we’d be able to take it for court. I’d just have e-mailed to me and download into the video server.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

We usually just ask the owner to email us the video. If it's a felony DUI crash or something like that, we would seize the camera as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    We usually just ask the owner to email us the video. If it's a felony DUI crash or something like that, we would seize the camera as evidence.
    The whole camera, not just the SD card?

Obviously, if the camera has removable media, you would seize that.

Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a front/rear two camera setup for motorcycles? Compact, discrete, weather resistant cameras and base unit would indicate a specialized motorcycle unit.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I really need to get around to buying a new one since my last one officially bit it. Little thing lasted quite a bit though.

Any thoughts on having one where you can access the video on your phone? Seems like it would have some practicality versus having to pull an SD card.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Since someone mentioned SD cards, and any other storage device. Don't forget to check them once in a while and replace as needed. About 60% of the time someone gives us a USB/SD from their security system, it's corrupted or otherwise unusable.

User Tag List