Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caracal Pictures...

Caracal Pictures...

Took some time to shoot pics of my Caracal today.

The Caracal is not exactly what I'd call photogenic. It's hard to get it to look nice in photos with the near non-descript look and lack of interesting textures on the gun. It took a bit of lighting setup and composition to get it to look appealing to me visually.

Here are a couple of images. The images were shot with a Nikon DSLR with a 50mm lens and 2 studio strobes.

-----

Just some notes:

Yes, clicking the images will take you to my blog where I have more pics.
    No, I am not harvesting your click for advertising. There is no advertising on my blog. I don't make money from the blog. I will keep most of the content in my blog because I like to have my reports and posts accessible from various forums and I really like to control how the page looks.

-----

Feel free to post more images of Caracals on this thread. I do request that the images be ones you took or ones you own copyright to.

Cool. It kind of looks like an H&K P7, a Beretta PX4 Storm, and a Glock had a child together... Not sure how that would work...

Nice pics
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Cool pics.

Is that the C? What's the advantage of the rear sight being built into the frame with such a short sight radius. I can't think of one.

I know the disadvantages.

Very, very nice photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leozinho View Post
    Cool pics.

Is that the C? What's the advantage of the rear sight being built into the frame with such a short sight radius. I can't think of one.

I know the disadvantages.
    it's an F...

acquisition is fast...

the sight radius is not short... i use the rear dot at the back of the pistol as part of the sighting system making it a 2-dot sight with a mid-distance post set...

i've shot it with decent (considering my untrained hands) results at 20 and 25 meters... but have not posted that yet... i have posted an earlier range report firing at 5m and 10m in slow fire, double taps and 5-shot bursts...

Quote Originally Posted by boylit View Post
    it's an F...

acquisition is fast...

the sight radius is not short... i use the rear dot at the back of the pistol as part of the sighting system making it a 2-dot sight with a mid-distance post set...

i've shot it with decent (considering my untrained hands) results at 20 and 25 meters... but have not posted that yet... i have posted an earlier range report firing at 5m and 10m in slow fire, double taps and 5-shot bursts...
    Got it. From the angle, I can't see the rear sights too well. I thought it was the C version that has the rear sight built into the frame in front of the ejection port.

Got it. From the angle, I can't see the rear sights too well. I thought it was the C version that has the rear sight built into the frame in front of the ejection port.
    The "C" and "F" are sold with both standard and the Fast Sight- "FS" (rear sight ahead of ejection port). The "Fast Sight" pistols have a vestigial ledge (one hand cycling ?) with a small dot at the rear of the slide.

The concept, as I understand it, is simply that moving the sights closer together allows the eye to focus more easily and thus, faster. I first saw the concept applied to German(where much shooting is at driven game) big game rifles 10 or so years ago. I haven't tried the Caracal "FS" system (I have a standard Full size Caracal), but I have done some shooting with a Sauer rifle of similar concept and it was indeed very fast. The proportions seem similar, so I don't doubt it works very well at defensive distances.

Just my opinion, if Caracal International commits to making their presence in the US market broad and deep, you'll be seeing not only a lot of Caracal pistols, but, also bit of Caracal in other manufacturer's product.

Jim

the rear sight posts are built in front of the ejection port... but there is a deck at the rear of the pistol along with the 2nd dot of the 2-dot system...

here's a link to my discussion of the QS system...

http://caracalshooter.blogspot.com/2...ion-sight.html

in the link will be pictures and discussions on the sight components as well as a picture of how the sight looks when i'm aiming...

User Tag List