Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vickers goes to work with an FAL

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sorry to interrupt all the Battle Rifle chest thumping with some reality...

And a new V6 Camry SE is just as fast as most muscle cars sold in the late 60's and early 70's. With vastly better handling, safety features, brakes, interior comfort, sound system, tech, and fuel economy.
    That doesn't mean that we're not allowed to like muscle cars anymore.

My former Belgian Security Team. I still have the FAL. RIP Talon
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    And a new V6 Camry SE is just as fast as most muscle cars sold in the late 60's and early 70's. With vastly better handling, safety features, brakes, interior comfort, sound system, tech, and fuel economy.
    That doesn't mean that we're not allowed to like muscle cars anymore.
    It's fine as long as people are honest about what they are and aren't.

Instead these things tend devolve into nostalgia about how they had it right in the days when men were men and sheep were nervous.

Site Supporter
    It's fine as long as people are honest about what they are and aren't.

Instead these things tend devolve into nostalgia about how they had it right in the days when men were men and sheep were nervous.
    Being P-F, I'm pretty sure we weren't falling into that rut.

Discussion of wheelguns elsewhere on the gunternet routinely falls into the same rut - yet I haven't seen you interrupt revolver threads with 16min webcam rants about how semiautos are better when people were just enjoying revolver discussion.

Edit: to that end, nothing in this thread is even close to suggesting that everything should be .308 all over again. So I really don't know what you're on about, because usually you're pretty tuned-in to such things and have genuinely good stuff to contribute to any given discussion.

Site Supporter

Discussion of wheelguns elsewhere on the gunternet routinely falls into the same rut - yet I haven't seen you interrupt revolver threads with 16min webcam rants about how semiautos are better when people were just enjoying revolver discussion.

Edit: to that end, nothing in this thread is even close to suggesting that everything should be .308 all over again. So I really don't know what you're on about, because usually you're pretty tuned-in to such things and have genuinely good stuff to contribute to any given discussion.
    Falling into that .308 rut has actually happened here, a couple times actually. Same with cops should have lever guns because AR's are unnecessary and people fap to the Longmire TV show. Hell the video was the result of the Army seriously taking steps to move back to .308 battle rifles a couple years ago. While ammo logistics played a part in that, the derp that won't die whispered into a high level someone's ear played a significant part as well.

There is a recent thread where someone was arguing that cops should go back to revolvers for "de-militarization" and that being limited to six rounds makes you more accurate. And for the record, I have actually been the "revolvers are cool as long as you remember what they actually are" guy several times. As mentioned in that thread, I remember it took people getting killed to get several large institutions to make the jump to autos.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    There is a recent thread where someone was arguing that cops should go back to revolvers for "de-militarization" and that being limited to six rounds makes you more accurate. And for the record, I have actually been the "revolvers are cool as long as you remember what they actually are" guy several times. As mentioned in that thread, I remember it took people getting killed to get several large institutions to make the jump to autos.
    There was a parody thread, started in the romper room, and a conversation about the historical record of hit rates with revolvers and semi-autos during transitions and why. There was nobody seriously arguing for cops to return to revolvers.

Let's let guys talk about the FAL if they want to and remember it's a technical thread.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Sorry to interrupt all the Battle Rifle chest thumping with some reality...

You know bro, you don't always have to be the arbiter of what's proper for discussion around here.

Postscript: just so I don't have to turn in my PF card, I think the FAL is one of the coolest rifles ever made and I appreciate its place in the design evolution of the rifle. That being said, it's far down the list of preferences for modern day application. It wouldn't be my first choice anymore than the pictures '03 or Garand would be.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 07-11-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

At least it's a thread about a gun, something that's in short supply around here lately.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Am I still a member of P-F for admitting I like the M14/M1A?

Maybe for penitence I need to listen to P&S for 24 hours straight?

A 16" DSA FAL and some Ranger chonies will be my post-apocalypse battle-rattle.
    Haters gonna hate.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List