Thread: Needs, wants, and limited resources

Needs, wants, and limited resources

I was thinking over the current situation in which many folks are finding themselves in. Available ammunition to practice with, or simply obtain for personal defense. I recalled this article written by our very own Claude Werner, on how to maximize our limited resources.

https://www.personaldefensenetwork.c...d-environment/

From the article:

"Most people, myself included, live in what I call the “resource-constrained environment.” While some people have access to a good training facility, or at least a gun club, that’s not usually the case. Generally, people who own firearms for personal defense have limited resources to train and practice with".
    Taking a break from social media.

I was having similar thoughts today after looking at ammunition prices. What non-shooting practice methods or devices have folks found to be the most useful? Dryfire is a given, as is improving strength, but over the years we've also read about SIRT, MantisX, laser boresighters, airsoft, etc. What has worked for you when shooting wasn't an option?

Over the years I've found benefit from a simple laser boresight. For me, it provides instant visual feedback as a result of my actions. Locally, the Mantis X is gaining some traction, but it seems as though some folks quickly hit a wall with it. I wouldn't mind spending some time with it, to get a more informed opinion, but I'm not shelling out for one
    Taking a break from social media.

I've used CO2 pellet pistols and airsoft in the house for "live fire" practice. I stuff a cardboard box with crumpled newspaper for a "bullet" trap. It won't be exactly like your real gun, but it won't lie to you about your accuracy like dry fire. I have a couple green gas air soft pistols and I can set up house clearing, use of cover etc. in my home without the neighbors being aware of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Over the years I've found benefit from a simple laser boresight. For me, it provides instant visual feedback as a result of my actions. Locally, the Mantis X is gaining some traction, but it seems as though some folks quickly hit a wall with it. I wouldn't mind spending some time with it, to get a more informed opinion, but I'm not shelling out for one
    Have you checked out the new versions? They get pricey but they offer draw consistency analysis, recoil tracing, shooting on the move and rapid fire.

I've got the original and yeah, it tops out quick.

User Tag List