Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: it's free just swipe yo EBT

Get yo MGD wit' yo EBT!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks Big Daddy Gubberment
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    get them hooked early, diabolical!

This song reminds me of a representation case involving HR and the group of folks I represent. The accusation revolves around a comment of sliding a card between another employees butt cheeks.

Ahhhh the memories.

You haven’t lived until you sit across the table from the most uptight, Puritan, and stodgy company HR person you can ever imagine...and discuss the act of sliding a cc thru butt cheeks. I somehow managed to keep a straight face.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    He lives in my house and is still learning the grill, so he's sharing it all whether he wants to or not.
    I told him to go down to the ghetto store and get me $200 worth of alcohol and lotto tickets with his $400 EBT.
    He was too scared.
    Kids these days are pussies, when I was 17 we'd buy beer from the Asia-Mart.
    The Korean running the place knew Andrew Jackson was over 21, hence you were good to buy as soon as you slapped ol Andrew down on the counter.
    My grandmother used to dip snus. She also carried a 32 revolver in her purse. This was back in the 50's in TX. She used to send me to a small grocery store to buy her tobacco. I think I was about 7 at the time. The guy in the store always ask me how I liked it. Then he would start laughing. Happened every time I bought it so I guess I was good entertainment for the old gent. I tried Red Man when I was in HS and got sicker than a dog. Never touched the stuff after that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    get them hooked early, diabolical!

So is this satire made by a group of Blaxit film makers or are they really laughing about gaming the system? I can’t tell.

Site Supporter
    Back in my high school years in the late 90's, a one-off mom & pop gas station in my neighborhood had an crotchety old guy that'd work certain nights, but he'd happily take a $10 bill instead of an ID when buying beer. He wouldn't sell us liquor though - 'gotta work yer way up to that!'. For about 6 months I thought he meant we needed to be a bit older, turns out we just needed a $20 instead of a $10, but he'd sell us three or four bottles at a time that way.

A similar nearby one-off mom and pop convenience store would sell smokes to anyone without carding them, especially pretty girls. One of my HS buddies back then had a '71 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr hardtop with a 440 in it, and we'd have 2-3 coolers full of beer in the trunk and we'd hang out at that store to chat up the girls that stopped there to buy cigarettes. Having plenty of beer would usually get us invited to whatever house party was going on.

Simpler times, but somehow I don't miss it. That New Yorker was a cool boat of a cruiser, though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    WTF?! Sounds like a glitch. I can see those who qualify for free and reduced lunch getting automatically signed up for EBT, but the entire school????
    Title 1 schools have so many kids who qualify for free/reduced lunch the admin burden exceeds the cost of just giving every student lunch.

Site Supporter
    I've never been a drinker, but by the time I was in fifth or sixth grade, if I was out of shotgun shells and I had money, I'd go into Fred's and buy a box of Federal #6s for my single barrel 20 gauge while my parents were next door at Piggly Wiggly. No one ever hassled me about it. I don't think you can buy ammo with an EBT card though, which is a pity given the price of ammo these days.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Title 1 schools have so many kids who qualify for free/reduced lunch the admin burden exceeds the cost of just giving every student lunch.
    Don't forget.
    In my location probably 25% of the school enrollment is here illegally or their parents are illegals.
    And they all get their regular EBT, free school meals and this bonus $400 EBT per child!
    No wonder Mexican "carniceria" grocery stores are popping up all over the place.
    There's gold in them thar taxpayer pockets, ripe for the pickin!
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List