Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TJIAB For A Beretta Brigadier

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I can tell by your enthusiasm you haven't tried anything with CCI primers.
    Perhaps not. Haven't run a ton of stuff like Blazer or Lawman, but wouldn't they have CCI primers?

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Perhaps not. Haven't run a ton of stuff like Blazer or Lawman, but wouldn't they have CCI primers?
    Just ran 12 each, Speer 124 GDHP, through my 92A1 with 12# hammer spring and my Px4CC with an 11# hammer spring. Both have an LTT TJIAB installed. 6 DA, 6 SA each. No failures, excellent cratering. See pics below. Px4CC on bottom. I have some “extra” 124gr GDHPs as I switched carry ammo to Remington about 6 months ago. I can run some more but don’t expect any failures after testing today and seeing the primer indents. Maybe CCI/Speer changed something up?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Just ran 12 each, Speer 124 GDHP, through my 92A1 with 12# hammer spring and my Px4CC with an 11# hammer spring. Both have an LTT TJIAB installed. 6 DA, 6 SA each. No failures, excellent cratering. See pics below. Px4CC on bottom. I have some “extra” 124gr GDHPs as I switched carry ammo to Remington about 6 months ago. I can run some more but don’t expect any failures after testing today and seeing the primer indents. Maybe CCI/Speer changed something up?
    I'm not doubting the statement of CCI having hard primers, because I just don't know. I haven't run much Speer/CCI ammo through any of my 92s, but the maybe half a case of the stuff I have, my M9 did not like it. It was one of several varieties that had copious failures to extract, so I don't go out of my way to buy it. But it had no other issues. I've had one failure to fire, with a Magtech round, and I think there was something else going on. It went bang the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I'm not doubting the statement of CCI having hard primers, because I just don't know. I haven't run much Speer/CCI ammo through any of my 92s, but the maybe half a case of the stuff I have, my M9 did not like it. It was one of several varieties that had copious failures to extract, so I don't go out of my way to buy it. But it had no other issues. I've had one failure to fire, with a Magtech round, and I think there was something else going on. It went bang the second time around.
    I’ve heard generally of the CCI hard primers before. No reason to doubt anyone on it. I’ve just not experienced it myself. With the Px4CC/12# combo I didn’t have any problems with running the 124 Speer GDHPs. I was carrying that for awhile before I switched to Remington 147gr. I have 76 124gr GDHPs left. Think I’ll run them through my 92A1/12# LTT TJIAB combo and see what happens.

I can't really think of a way to phrase this question without it sounding skeptical or trollish, so I'll apologize in advance and muddle through.

Outside of faster splits, what sort of tangible results does one see with the upgraded TJIAB? For instance, is one able to make head shots from thirty yards where before they were only made from 18 yards? Are groups noticeably tighter? Is there less fatigue after a 150 round practice session? Etc.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I can't really think of a way to phrase this question without it sounding skeptical or trollish, so I'll apologize in advance and muddle through.

Outside of faster splits, what sort of tangible results does one see with the upgraded TJIAB? For instance, is one able to make head shots from thirty yards where before they were only made from 18 yards? Are groups noticeably tighter? Is there less fatigue after a 150 round practice session? Etc.
    So...for me at least...the Langdon trigger work seems to make the sights sit stiller through the DA trigger press.

I'm not sure about the TJIAB, but my Beretta LTT92 certainly has had trigger work done such that when I compared it to my regular Beretta 92 and even the other TDA triggers, the sights have less of a "bounce" or that little swerve after the DA sear releases. The DA and SA trigger is actually heavier than some of the other TDA guns I've fired (it only has a D spring). It is easier to shoot accurately and at speed than my other Beretta which had a 14lb hammer spring and a lighter DA trigger.

Of course, with exceptional fundamentals, good follow through and great technique, it shouldn't matter, but you can shorten the learning curve with better gear.

No, it didn't give me an automatic upgrade to GM class shooting.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

What I noticed way back when LTT was using Wilson bars was that the tremendous over travel of the DA shot is reduced substantially. Two advantages to this I think. 1-the DA and SA shots now fire at almost identical trigger positions. 2- I always felt like the DA shot was pull, pull, pull, shot fires, trigger suddenly moves another 1/8 inch and slams into the gun frame. To me that moved the gun around. The LTT bar does the above plus reduces the reset substantially. For me, on followup shots, that reduced reset helps. My trigger finger is doing a lot less movement where nothing is happening and there fore almost no resistance is felt (release far enough for reset and pull far enough to take up pre travel) so getting back to the trigger wall position is easier to do accurately. So I agree w/ 45dot
    "Of course, with exceptional fundamentals, good follow through and great technique, it shouldn't matter, but you can shorten the learning curve with better gear.
    No, it didn't give me an automatic upgrade to GM class shooting."

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I’ve heard generally of the CCI hard primers before. No reason to doubt anyone on it. I’ve just not experienced it myself. With the Px4CC/12# combo I didn’t have any problems with running the 124 Speer GDHPs. I was carrying that for awhile before I switched to Remington 147gr. I have 76 124gr GDHPs left. Think I’ll run them through my 92A1/12# LTT TJIAB combo and see what happens.
    If you're not having problems, I wouldn't spend a lot of time chasing failure. I'm ass deep in CCI primers right now, so I'll keep on keeping on until I run out or something else is available.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Hammertime
    D Spring
    Wilson Trigger Bar
    Maybe Wilson EDM hammer

Will get you a very nice trigger indeed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post

I can't remember which GunTuber it was, maybe Chris from Lucky Gunner, was talking about the fact that doing a lot of "work" to a gun for most shooters doesn't do a whole lot. If anything, it can mask problems. I'm not "expurt" by. any means, but I'm a fairly decent shooter, but I got all my fundamentals down on a bone stock M9 with a 14# hammer spring. Trigger was ok, but nothing to write home about. Even now, I'm super glad I ran those thousands of rounds through that M9, and then a 92 compact, before adding a TJIB. It was icing on the cake. The DA is super buttery smooth, and it makes running a clean trigger press really easy. I'll agree on the LTT trigger bar, shots break in the same place. Though I just put one in my Frankengun and it's not of the same caliber as my other two, the distance to trigger reset is about double. I don't think it'll make much difference in real world shooting. The whole package together streamlines the go fast button. If any of that makes sense.

User Tag List