Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TJIAB For A Beretta Brigadier

Site Supporter
    Mention was made about NP3. Who now offers this finish after Robar closed?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Mention was made about NP3. Who now offers this finish after Robar closed?
    Coating Technologies.

I believe Robar was the gunsmith business, Coating Technologies was/is the plating business. The gunsmith business, Robar, shut down, the plating business is still working. Go to about the 1:30 mark

Last edited by JTQ; 07-11-2020 at 02:22 PM.

The Langdon trigger is superb. Much better than any Sig trigger I’ve ever felt.

Even the PX4 EL sells have an amazing trigger. My biggest complaint about the PX4 was the somewhat long reset. The Langdon trigger bar fixes that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Coating Technologies.

I believe Robar was the gunsmith business, Coating Technologies was/is the plating business. The gunsmith business, Robar, shut down, the plating business is still working. Go to about the 1:30 mark

I went to Coating Technology's website which listed partners to be used as avenues to access their process. Implication is that owner would ship pistol to a partner, and partner would then ship firearm to CT. CT would ship back to the partner. The partner would ship it back to the owner. I must be missing something. This procedure is too cumbersome and too freight expensive. Can someone clarify the procedure? I have an as new Ruger Security-Six begging for NP3.

Yes, the NP3 is worth it. This is like lot of other endeavors like high perf cars etc. You do get to the area where the improvement per $ decreases but there is still improvement. A short story of my progress since I started local competition 3.5 yrs ago. Started w/ my 92g and bought hammer springs from LTT down to 12#. All was well except the 12# gave me some light strikes so I installed a Beretta skeleton hammer. It was then reliable. Then I decided to build a new gun w/ M9A1 frame and an inox slide because I like the look. Around then LTT started selling the TJIBs so I ordered one of the original versions w/ the Wilson trigger bar. Installed it w/ a 12# spring and was real impressed. DA trigger pull down in the 6# range. Then the NP3 TJIBs came out so I got one. DA pull now even smoother and lower to maybe an ounce or two under 6#. Then he offered triggers in NP3 so I got one. And LTT came out w/ their own trigger bar so I got one. I replaced all the black coated pivot pins w/ Inox versions that I also polished. My firing pin and firing pin block are polished and the block spring is a little shorter than it was. DA is now sub 6# and SA is too light for me so I now use a stock sear and try to keep SA at 3#. Initially I didn't think the short reset from the LTT bar was a big deal. Apparently I used to come off the trigger far enough anyway that I didn't notice it. But after shooting it for a few months, my wife and I did some practicing and I shot her EII that has most of the LTT stuff but not the new LTT bar. Uh...what? Whoa, I guess I got used to that short reset because I short stroked her trigger a few times and, of course nothing happened. Early in the covid crap I decided to try another experiment by installing an 11# hammer spring. Couldn't do much practicing but that has finally gotten almost back to normal and IDPA matches started last month. So I now have 3 matches and about 600-700 rnds w/ the 11# spring. 100% reliable. The DA pull is---4#12oz.
    One caveat; I only shoot Federal and CCI Independence aluminum case ammo. I don't know if the primers are different than CCI reloader primers but it has been 100% for me. Before Walmart quit selling pistol ammo I shot their red box version Federal for 2 yrs exclusively. I had some extraction problems for a month or so and tried CCI (which I had used prior to discovering the Walmart stuff) at the same time I went to an extra power extractor spring so wasn't sure which was the fix. But 2 weeks ago shot the last of my CCI and switched to Federal black box which I had gotten a case of last fall when it was on sale. I have also tried some of the Walmart I had set aside and it looks like the extractor spring was the fix. So that sure was a long post to say I think the NP3 TJIBs are the absolute best thing you can do to a 92.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I went to Coating Technology's website which listed partners to be used as avenues to access their process. Implication is that owner would ship pistol to a partner, and partner would then ship firearm to CT. CT would ship back to the partner. The partner would ship it back to the owner. I must be missing something. This procedure is too cumbersome and too freight expensive. Can someone clarify the procedure? I have an as new Ruger Security-Six begging for NP3.
    Try these guys. They are authorized and located right next Coating Technologies: https://wrightarmory.com/np3-metal-finishing/
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Thank you. Tear down, reassembly, and shipping plus NP3 coating fee would cost in excess of $700 for my Security-Six. I'm clearly out of my league here. But I ain't saying that this is too much, but for my application the figures don't make a lot of sense. When I parachute into the jungle, I'll carry a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I can tell by your enthusiasm you haven't tried anything with CCI primers.
    Interesting. Think I’ll have to test out some CCI primers. I’ve run quite a few rounds (small boat load) through my 92A1 with a 12#, and even more through my Px4CC with a 12# and then an 11# without any light strikes or failure to ignite.

Here’s a thought. If CCI primers choke with these lighter springs then all I’ll need to do is avoid running CCI through these pistols. I get to keep the advantage of the optimized trigger and have fully reliable ignition. Fair trade off.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if Speer handgun ammo is loaded with CCI primers? If so, then that could be a consideration for those running light springs.

I wonder if Speer handgun ammo is loaded with CCI primers? If so, then that could be a consideration for those running light springs.
    I was thinking that myself. I’ve run Speer factory GDHPs with the lighter 12# springs with no light strikes or failure to ignite. Don’t think I have run Speer with the 11# Px4CC spring. Should be able to run some through tomorrow and check.

User Tag List