Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TJIAB For A Beretta Brigadier

TJIAB For A Beretta Brigadier

I've owned, or at least spent a decent amount of time, behind most of the DA/SA choices on the market. I've decided to stick with my old duty P229 40 and an Elite II 96 for HD and occasional carry. I have other, smaller choices for EDC.

I have more trigger time with the Sig than any other pistol except Glock 9mms. It has both SRTs, spring kit and was smoothed thru polishing, live and dry fire.

I want the Elite's trigger to be similar or even better. My question is if the TJIAB is worth the cost? Is the NP3 better than the standard kit? Anyone have a non-Legion Sig and a Beretta with the TJIAB that can compare the two? I understand the overall feel and geometry of the triggers is different. I'm looking for the smoothness and light pull weight of the 229.

Thanks
    Last edited by iWander; 07-10-2020 at 12:16 AM.

I have yet to shoot a SIG that has as good of a trigger as a Beretta with a Langdon Trigger job in a bag in it. Probably a SIG worked over by a qualified gunsmith would be close, but an out of the box SIG, it won’t be a contest IME.

I think you can get a pretty similar result with a D spring and Wilson trigger bar, but I have a TJIAB (self-installed) in my LTT and can't argue that it's a great trigger.

Going back to when I shot factory ammo and bought a competition spring from EL at a match, I've never had much luck with anything less than a D spring. I have one pistol with a TJIAB and D spring, and the trigger is better than a D spring alone and it ignites all primers including CCI.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I’ve had a 229 for years that I sent through the SIG custom shop for a trigger job plus the SRT trigger. It’s awesome. I also have a 96A1 that I optimized with LTT TJIAB, Optimized Trigger Bar, grips, 9mm bbl, 12# silicon spring, sights, etc. Zero failures including lots of cheap ball, (Ruskie steel case, Win WW). I think the Beretta is more awesomer. The DA on the Beretta feels a tad longer but more smooth and much less stack. The trigger reset on the Beretta is amazing with the LTT Optimized Trigger Bar and much better than the SIG even with the SRT. Still love the 229. It was the best TDA I’ve experienced until I owned the LTT optimized Px4CC and 96A1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post

My question is if the TJIAB is worth the cost?

Thanks
    No.... it is worth more. Honestly if you don’t buy a Beretta from LTT with their trigger job a TJIB is one of those automatic add ons like a Gadget on a Glock.

Np3 that is up to the individual, I personally would have went with the full Np3 package and carry bevel. I may send mine back in for that.

It somewhat depends on the Beretta action/model. For a F or G model, absolutely. For a D model, just go a la cart with LTT for the applicable components-you don't need the entire TJIB.

Best, Jon

Unless you have a trigger job (like Gray Guns) in the Sig 229, the TJIAB in a 92 will blow it away. Having both the NP3, and regular, the NP3 is noticably smoother and I will be ordering only NP3 in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    If the DA on a 92 was a little shorter, I’d almost contemplate running a 92D with that trigger in it. It’s just that good. Some at the Beretta Forum say NP3 is that much better, I have not sprung that far yet. But I’ve got three guns with them and they’re worth every single penny. With a 13# main spring and LTT trigger bar I’ve gotten reliable ignition with everything I put in it, including Tula, S&B, and whatever other ammo I come up with. I don’t have much time on a Sig DASA, but they never did impress me with their trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    With a 13# main spring and LTT trigger bar I’ve gotten reliable ignition with everything I put in it, including Tula, S&B, and whatever other ammo I come up with.
    I can tell by your enthusiasm you haven't tried anything with CCI primers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List