Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TJIAB For A Beretta Brigadier

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    You are seriously getting a sub 5lb DA with the 11lb spring? That’s pretty damn sick. I thought the 11lb spring was for Px4 only. Not sure where I read that but I’m game for an 11lb spring in the 92 platform if that is what you are seeing with reliability.
    I'm sure others will chime in, but I believe 12# is the lowest recommended for the 92 platform from a reliability standpoint, although in a competition setting (versus potentially defensive use), you could go lighter chasing an even better trigger.

From LTT: "**If purchasing for the 92, we recommend using the 11# hammer spring for competition only. We do not recommend the 10# hammer spring for the 92/M9/96 series pistols at all**"

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    You are seriously getting a sub 5lb DA with the 11lb spring? That’s pretty damn sick. I thought the 11lb spring was for Px4 only. Not sure where I read that but I’m game for an 11lb spring in the 92 platform if that is what you are seeing with reliability.
    Yes, that is what I thought too. But we had covid and no matches so I figured I had some time to give it a try. The gun has all the LTT NP3 parts which I also very lightly polish. I have also polished the firing pin and firing pin block as well as cutting a little off the firing pin block spring. I thought about cutting the firing pin spring but was convinced by a thread discussion not to cut that. I polished the hammer and trigger pivot pins. I use Wilsons lube. My pull check process may be a little different too. I use one of these
    https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/10...=1101100736028
    One would think you should hold the hook against the trigger and pull back parallel to the barrel. That doesn't work well w/ the DA trigger pull because the trigger starts at such and angle that the hook slides up to the frame. I start pulling w/ the tool angled down enough to keep the hook at the end of the trigger so it slides along the inside of the trigger guard. As the trigger gets to an angle similar to an SA pull I am changing the angle of the pull to straight back but the hook rides the trigger guard all the way till it fires. I realize I am maximizing the leverage by pulling at the end of the trigger, and sliding along the inside of the guard, but it is the only way I can make repeatable pulls.

User Tag List