Thread: LGS essentially sold out

Site Supporter

LGS essentially sold out

I swung by my local gun store today to see if they had powder and primers. This is suburbs NW of Atlanta. Was actually amazed to see that the shelves are almost bare - this place normally has a LOT of new and use pistols on hand - the only pistols left were "junk". Glocks, M&Ps, CZs, HKs, etc. all gone. The rack where they normally have ARs was essentially bare with some "AR10" types left. 9m, 40, 10mm, etc. all gone. I have been going to this LGS for about 10 years and this is the most bare I have ever seen it.

Good news is they had ten 1lb jugs of H4350 (they must have just arrived) and several 1000 packs of Fed 210 LRPs on hand. I got some H4350 and Fed 210 and went on my way. I learned years ago and I keep reloading supplies on hand. My latest "habit" to PRS like shooting has shifted me to H4350 and LRPs and I keep enough on hand to keep me going for several months.

Just about everywhere is out of everything. I got an email from AIM Surplus saying they had 9mm in stock and before I could checkout it was all gone. Was lucky enough to be able to get a case each of .223 and 7.62x39 which I can't find locally.

Been shopping for a 1911 lately too. Even on Gunbroker there were hardly any Springfield Loadeds or TRPs. I also noticed a lack of 9mm RO Operators but I wasn't in the market for one. If you're looking for a 10mm there's plenty of those though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    The LGS walking distance from my house has pretty much bare display cases and long gun wall.
    I went in Tuesday to pick up a check from a consignment sale and there was one AK style long gun, one boutique priced AR, a FN AR Patrol Rifle listed at $1295, and two CZ Bren 2 5.56 pistols listed at $1895. Four handguns were in the case where there usually are about twenty.
    Handguns and security shotguns seem to be the hottest sellers locally.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I just posted a Leupold 3-9 scope for what I thought was a kinda mediocre offer and it sold in under 10 minutes on ARFcom.

The Magpul MBUS front/rear sold in even less time than that.

My Gunbroker auctions are doing very well, especially in states that are seeing "turmoil".
    My timing on cleaning out my safe was pretty good.
    Might not be the peak of the demand curve yet, but I think we're close.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Yeah it might be time to list that 870P I never shoot.

My dealer called me yesterday because on Thursday I told him I had a few Colt 1911's to sell. He said he has a buyer. That was fast.

Maybe I can actually sell them for new prices that I see advertised with the out of stock notice.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah it might be time to list that 870P I never shoot.
    Let me know how that goes if you sell.

Just occurred to me that I've got one of those too which I hardly ever shoot.

Maybe time to clean the safe up a bit.

It's definitely time to clean out the safe. I've managed to offload a number of items and people are offering well above asking price to make sure they get it.

LGS is selling high-end Wilson Combat and Cabot 1911's to first time buyers because that's all they had available.

User Tag List