Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model 66-2

Site Supporter
    Grips/stocks are like underwear. A very personal item.
    My preference for square butt K frames are PC Magnas with a grip adapter.Name:  198C7A38-4712-45F0-9DE2-EC4286943CC2.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  65.2 KB
    Round butts get either Magnas with adapter or Uncle Mike’s rubber RB grip.
    Name:  7A33F90A-73E6-4A18-91B0-8DD1A62EB032.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  20.0 KB
    Last edited by deputyG23; 07-10-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Grips/stocks are like underwear. A very personal item.
    My preference for square butt K frames are PC Magnas with a grip adapter.Name:  198C7A38-4712-45F0-9DE2-EC4286943CC2.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  65.2 KB
    Round butts get either Magnas with adapter or Uncle Mike’s rubber RB grip.
    I can't like this ^^^^^ enough. PC Magnas with a grip adapter just look cool.

I usually buy BK Grips for guns, but for a 1920s M&P, I sucked it up and bought a Tyler T-grip. There are a lot of reports of long wait times and that Tyler MFG is unresponsive to follow-up contacts, but I must have hit a sweet spot, because I got one in three weeks.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I can't like this ^^^^^ enough. PC Magnas with a grip adapter just look cool.

I usually buy BK Grips for guns, but for a 1920s M&P, I sucked it up and bought a Tyler T-grip. There are a lot of reports of long wait times and that Tyler MFG is unresponsive to follow-up contacts, but I must have hit a sweet spot, because I got one in three weeks.
    The two silver Tylers on the stainless guns pictured took ten weeks in ‘18 from the time the check was cashed until I received them.
    The black one on the blue M10-5 round butt was bought with the gun by me at a LGS in the mid ‘80s for about seven bucks..

Site Supporter
    I'm just over 11 weeks waiting on my T-grip

Site Supporter
    The Uncle Mkie's rubber grips are among the best revolver grips I have ever come across.

I have a Tyler T grip on one gun for which I have few good options. The projection in the front of the grip that defines the "finger grooves" ends up right in the middle of my middle finger. I wear a men's medium size glove. They must be designed for someone with gorilla-sized hands.

I prefer the factory targets, but most examples need work to be comfortable, the later, the more work they seem to need. Smooth factory targets can be cut down some (actually the checkered ones can also) and rounding off of squarish edges where the hand wraps around it, the back and inner sides help tremendously.

Lost River has some custom grips on several of his N frames that are very similar to the old smooth factory targets.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-10-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I prefer the factory targets, but most examples need work to be comfortable, the later, the more work they seem to need. Smooth factory targets can be cut down some (actually the checkered ones can also) and rounding off of squarish edges where the hand wraps around it, the back and inner sides help tremendously.

Lost River has some custom grips on several of his N frames that are very similar to the old smooth factory targets.
    That would be the only way I could use the factory target stocks. My hand does not fit them.
    In the mass of stuff I got in an estate sale last fall is a couple of boxes of random revolver stocks/grips and a set of "modified" Smith K targets are in there. Might have to pull them out and put them on one of my SB K Smiths just to see if they might work...

Bill Davis grips

Big hands, and these Bill Davis grips fit me very nicely on this 66-2.
    Name:  8E4FCE24-24ED-41BF-9C3E-9DA3D79D5B99.jpeg
Views: 366
Size:  56.7 KB

https://www.mcssl.com/store/billdavisenterprises
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The Uncle Mkie's rubber grips are among the best revolver grips I have ever come across.

I have a Tyler T grip on one gun for which I have few good options. The projection in the front of the grip that defines the "finger grooves" ends up right in the middle of my middle finger. I wear a men's medium size glove. They must be designed for someone with gorilla-sized hands.
    Bingo!

Everyone else must be smokin crack🤨

For looks the Smith Magna stocks are very nice. But for shootin' ? My choices are as follows:

The hard to find anymore Uncle Mikes. Number one by far.
    Pachy's Presentation, good but Uncle Mike's is better for my hand.
    Hogue [distant third IMO]

User Tag List