Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model 66-2

Model 66-2

Many years ago I was issued a model 66. I loved that gun and always wanted to get one. This week my wife tells me her friend has some guns she wants to get rid of. My wife’s friend brings over a beater Charter Arm and a nice model 66-2. I gave her $500 for the 66 and full disclosure told her she could probably get more. She wa happy with the $500. Score one for the good guys!!!! Took the gun to the range and she shoots awesome. What would be the proper wood grips? Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by stinx; 07-09-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Having and loving a set of those large Pachmayr grips on my 67, I vote leave 'em.

Site Supporter
    You're going to start a fight on this! For regular shooting, I like the Hogue Monogrip quite a bit. For good looking, the sky's the limit. BluMagnum's always call to me. Let's get @Dagga Boy to render an opinion.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Nice score!

Site Supporter
    I also like the Pachmayr Presentation grips for shooting as well as for their appearance.

Man is never satisfied. When these revolvers were in their heyday, rubber grips were state of the art and factory grips discarded. Now opposite. Pendulum never stops. I'd leave, but I'm function over form.

Stinx:

For running magnum ammo, Pachmayrs are hard to beat. For pure esthetics, my vote goes to Craig Spegel. Unless you can find a set of original John Hurst stocks. John Hurst was a Los Angeles Police Officer who made custom stocks. I understand the Officer Hurst passed away some years ago. Hurst stocks are hard to find, but worth the search.

Nice Model 66 by the way. Good to see it a bit dirty. Those guns cry out to be shot.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

I keep a set of those same Pachmayrs on the Model 19 that I shoot most often. There are a number of good wood choices. Really it depends what works with your hands. Once you find the right ones, that ability to personalize is a plus of revolvers... the process of finding those right ones can occasionally be frustrating and expensive.

Here is a picture of my M66-2 with the factory grips. You might find a pair on Ebay as they come up now and then.

Name:  4CDEF7BB-27C5-4473-8D06-2FCF0E38E75E.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  58.5 KB

Here is mine with Hogue grips. They fit my small hands better.

Name:  948B179E-EA34-4552-AACA-849C01624DDC.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  91.2 KB

User Tag List