Thread: Looking for a belt holster for the Ruger 22/45 Mk4

Looking for a belt holster for the Ruger 22/45 Mk4

I'm rusty with my pistol skills and with 9mm being crazy hard to find right now I'm not eager to burn through my entire stock so I've been taking the 22/45 Mk4 to the range with me to warm up with before I move onto my 9mm pistol.

It'd be better to have an actual holster I could use instead of faking it by doing low ready I've spent the last few days looking for a good holster for it but the only one I can find is the Black Dog Machine/Tactical Solutions holster that is supposed to fit all the Ruger Mk4 variants but with the red dot I have on it it just won't work.

I know I could get a 22 conversion for my gun and work that but the holster is the cheaper/easier option if I can find one.

I use that same holster with a few mk2/3 variants, one with a dot in a Burris rear sight dovetail mount without issues.

This is a low mount for the RMR and even though it looks like it should fit it doesn't quite clear the plate. It's a Madd Macs Precision Tactical plate that sits right above the ejection port that I bought because it's low.

Name:  2245 RMR.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  2245 RMR2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  61.2 KB
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 07-09-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Could you trim the holster a little?

Blade-Tech might be another option, if you call them. While it's not showing up on their website, they have (in the past) graciously accomodated my special requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Blade-Tech might be another option, if you call them. While it's not showing up on their website, they have (in the past) graciously accomodated my special requests.
    I emailed them this past week actually because they make a holster for everything so I was surprised they said they don't.

I found this holster Volquartsen makes for their Black Mamba pistol:
    https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/3815

Which is based on the 22/45 so maybe it would fit? I'm going to call them and see.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    This is a low mount for the RMR and even though it looks like it should fit it doesn't quite clear the plate. It's a Madd Macs Precision Tactical plate that sits right above the ejection port that I bought because it's low.

Name:  2245 RMR.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  2245 RMR2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  61.2 KB
    Nothing a little file or dremel work can’t correct. Just to be clear... Mod the holster, not the gun parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I'm rusty with my pistol skills and with 9mm being crazy hard to find right now I'm not eager to burn through my entire stock so I've been taking the 22/45 Mk4 to the range with me to warm up with before I move onto my 9mm pistol.

It'd be better to have an actual holster I could use instead of faking it by doing low ready I've spent the last few days looking for a good holster for it but the only one I can find is the Black Dog Machine/Tactical Solutions holster that is supposed to fit all the Ruger Mk4 variants but with the red dot I have on it it just won't work.
    Is this the one you tried? https://tacticalsol.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1365486

Asking only because the similar version for the Mk3 I have worked great with a couple of different red dots.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Nothing a little file or dremel work can’t correct. Just to be clear... Mod the holster, not the gun parts.
    I didn't like the holster enough to keep it so it's returned.

User Tag List