Thread: Week 380: Distance, Efficient Reload, Perception

Week 380: Distance, Efficient Reload, Perception

Week 380: Distance, Efficient Reload, Perception

Results may be posted until August 10th, 2020.

Designed by: GJM
    Range: 25 yards
    Target: USPSA Metric Target
    Start Position: Holster (concealment optional)
    Rounds Fired: At least 6

The Derp Test (Distance, Efficient Reload, Perception) is a fun and very challenging test that GJM devised a while back. Start with handgun loaded with at least three rounds and holstered. At the start signal, draw and shoot at least two shots to the body and one shot to the head, reload (need not be slidelock reload), and shoot at least two more shots to the body and one more shot to the head.

Record your time and add up your points on target. Score the best four hits to the body and the best two hits to the head. Scoring is Major/Minor like in USPSA. For Major (.357/.40/.45 for our purposes), A = 5 points, B/C = 4 points, and D = 2 points. For Minor (.38/9mm for our purposes), A = 5 points, B/C = 3 points, and D = 1 point. Divide your total points by your time. That number is your hit factor (final score.) For example, if you are shooting 9mm and get 26 points in 8.50 seconds, your hit factor would be 26/8.50 = 3.05

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used)
    Total number of shots fired
    Hit factor (final score)
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I suck at 25. Been running 2 and 2 reloads. Dropped the gun between the body and head box on the first string but all in all as a first run I can roll with this.

M&p 2.0 core ported 4.25/ TLR1
    RMR 06

6 A= 30/10.72 = 2.79 hit factor

Video to come later

Name:  4FFF4FAD-B822-4CBB-BF54-D77AC13BA3EF.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  53.9 KB

5" m2.0 w/ dawsons
    Dark Star Gear Orion in Electric Avacado(it makes you better)
    Dark Star Gear koala w/ dcc clip
    Concealed under a button down shirt
    Hands up start
    minor scoring

Shots fired - 8
    Best 4 on lower A - 20 points
    Best 2 on head - 3 points

Total points - 23
    Total time - 12.46

Hit factor - 1.84

Apt performance for the DERP test as mine was certainly derpy. I had loaded 4 rounds in each mag to avoid a slidelock reload but at the beep I fired 3 rounds at the lower A, said oh shit, then a headshot - therefore initiating the slidelock reload I wanted to avoid. I just finished up the last part with the 4 remaining rounds to match the first half. Pulled 1 A out into C zone land but since it calls for best 4 down below I managed all 20 points there. I dropped one head shot into the C and the other was a b so it only got me 3 up top. I just used negative taping for anything outside the a zone prior to this drill. Need to conserve resources and didn't have a fresh target in the truck. So maybe a grain of salt is required with the results.

Name:  20200713_095303.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  32.6 KB
    Target with negative taping prior to drill

Name:  20200713_095817.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  28.8 KB
    Target after DERP
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List