Thread: Brownells Glock 48 barrels - threaded and unthreaded

Brownells Glock 48 barrels - threaded and unthreaded

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Somehow my barrel got here before my slide. Thanks UPS/USPS.

Name:  6D357F6C-6FE3-4929-A431-AEC4D484771A.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  77.9 KB
    Name:  7C6513C5-DEA6-4BD8-9266-09AA8B71B4AB.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  45.0 KB
    Name:  B11164C5-FEE1-4E5A-AC25-3DBE4774915D.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  1781074F-D8C2-4F5D-A38C-9AA9707EAB26.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  41.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I got a non threaded Brownells one last week with my slide, still need slide parts.
    #RESIST

I have a brownells 48 slide and unthreaded barrel, with all factory internals that I’ve been testing out (along with 3 shield mags)

Close about 860 rounds through it. Frame is factory with a shield aluminum mag release.

Initially I had a few (5-6) Fail to feeds in the first 200 round session, and the slide would occasionally feel like it was getting hung up and cycle with a sort of kerplunk. This is all with 124 gr gallant bullet coated round nose loaded to 1.13. Second range session went fine, about 120 rounds. Third and fourth were uneventful with approximate same round counts and no issues, other than once or twice getting the kerplunk feel. The last 2 times I shot it no issues.

Have a box of 147 and 124 gr+p through it with no issues.

Accuracy wise, I just put better sights on it a few weeks ago and seems like it shoots pretty close to my factory 43x, but I think the factory barrel might be a bit tighter.

I originally bought it back in May as I had a frame without an upper, and was looking for factory black 48 slide. The prices on complete factory slides were too high to justify it over an entire gun, and I didn’t want another gun. I think I found it within a day or 2 of them being posted and in stock on brownells website.

All in all, it seems like a good product and I’m almost to the point where I trust it. I can’t not rule out my handloads as I ended up squibbing...Possible a light charge was thrown or my hand (big) could have caught the slide enough to slow it down to cause it to affect the cycle (I’ve done it with other glocks, mostly without beaver tails).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

User Tag List