Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Diego OIS Complete with K9

I’m not even going to try and MMQB this one, except to say that it’s clear that the dude was tripping balls. I’m all in favor of cam footage getting out into wider circulation, so the “social worker” enthusiasts can see what sort of things go on behind the curtain. Let’s have an honest conversation about that; folks who are infinitely more qualified than me can discuss tactical minutia.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Sounded and look like a GSD to me, thar dog sure went to work on that guy. @Coyotesfan97
    It’s hard for me to tell. That was a good bite by the dog. San Diego has always had good hard dogs.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It’s hard for me to tell. That was a good bite by the dog. San Diego has always had good hard dogs.
    I talked to Michael Ellis after he consulted on SDPD's canine program in the 90s. They quickly went from 4 dogs to 50 because they were shooting so many people, and more dogs helped. Last I heard they actually had a breeding program. This info is quite old, though, and may have changed.

pat

Site Supporter
    Something psychological but I think I'd rather be shot then taken over by a large breed dog.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Funny you mention that ....

Ford employees ask company to stop making police cruisers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...cruisers%3famp
    Ford's response

However, he believes it is "not controversial that the Ford Police Interceptor helps officers do their job."

"The issues plaguing police credibility have nothing to do with the vehicles they’re driving. In fact, as we imagine the future power of our connected vehicles, smarter Ford vehicles can be used to not only improve officers’ ability to protect and serve, but also provide data that can make police safer and more accountable," Hackett said. "Just think, dating back to the Model T, Ford has more than 100 years in serving first responders and that leadership over the decades has been earned by co-developing our purpose-built vehicles and technologies with police and emergency agencies to make our vehicles the number one choice."

Hackett argued that putting an end to law enforcement use of Police Interceptors would "be doing harm to [police officers'] safety and making it harder for them to do their job."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I talked to Michael Ellis after he consulted on SDPD's canine program in the 90s. They quickly went from 4 dogs to 50 because they were shooting so many people, and more dogs helped. Last I heard they actually had a breeding program. This info is quite old, though, and may have changed.

pat
    j

IIRC they had enough K9 teams to assign one to each patrol squad. I’m pretty sure SDPD buys their dogs from Adlerhorst.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    j

IIRC they had enough K9 teams to assign one to each patrol squad. I’m pretty sure SDPD buys their dogs from Adlerhorst.
    I think you are right. A(lbuquerque)PD also likes Adlerhorst...for dual pupose dogs. Detector dogs go through a local vendor...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I think you are right. A(lbuquerque)PD also likes Adlerhorst...for dual pupose dogs. Detector dogs go through a local vendor...

pat
    We’ve bought dogs from the Reaver’s for 30 years. They get a lot of KNPV dogs. They know the kind of dog we like so they’ll look for us on buying trips when they go to Europe. This is a bad year for buying dogs due to COVID

User Tag List