Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego OIS Complete with K9

San Diego OIS Complete with K9

I did not see if this was discussed. This could have ended very poorly if the bad guy was intent on killing. It sure shows how something went from routine to "Uh, oh" in seconds. It also took some time for someone to take control and insure officers were not muzzling other officers.

A lot to unpack in this event.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If only there was some indication they should be paying more attention to their prisoners: https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox5san...e-suspect/amp/

That sucks. He managed to break into the trunk of the car from the back seat? I thought that area was sealed off. Maybe Ford should donate less $$ to BLM and spend that on better construction...

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    That sucks. He managed to break into the trunk of the car from the back seat? I thought that area was sealed off. Maybe Ford should donate less $$ to BLM and spend that on better construction...
    There is a partition, but it wouldn’t be hard to defeat by someone not handcuffed.

Ford doesn’t supply the cages...they’re aftermarket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Funny you mention that ....

Ford employees ask company to stop making police cruisers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...cruisers%3famp

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    There is a partition, but it wouldn’t be hard to defeat by someone not handcuffed.

Ford doesn’t supply the cages...they’re aftermarket.
    Usually installed by the mechanics that service the vehicles. They also installed all of the communication equipment. At least they were for our sheriffs dept. Those guys were pros.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Usually installed by the mechanics that service the vehicles. They also installed all of the communication equipment. At least they were for our sheriffs dept. Those guys were pros.
    Totally department dependent. My old department sourced outfitting of radio wiring, lights, cages, etc. to a company that specializes in that stuff. We had a radio shop at the city garage that would finish the radio installation and programming, and would also wire the lights/sirens in some of the UC cars.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Totally department dependent. My old department sourced outfitting of radio wiring, lights, cages, etc. to a company that specializes in that stuff. We had a radio shop at the city garage that would finish the radio installation and programming, and would also wire the lights/sirens in some of the UC cars.
    To show how much of a mix this is, some federal agencies who have their own shops do this in house. Most use both a UNICOR (Federal Prison Industries) programs and contracting out to local shops that do it for local PD's.

Sounded and look like a GSD to me, thar dog sure went to work on that guy. @Coyotesfan97
    #RESIST

User Tag List