Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It does seem like I am happiest when I have some loading in process...

It does seem like I am happiest when I have some loading in process...

It does seem like I am happiest when I have some loading in process...

Right now I am about 40% of the way through 1k of 20g, and it gives me a good feels to know I can just hop down there for a fe min any time I want and kick out a few more.

And my feed tubes setup for the APP will be here today and I can deprime and swage more 5.56 (and maybe 9mm).

And 2k of 9mm FMJ just shipped from Everglades yesterday.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....

I hear you. 9mm is a constant, but I've been loading a lot of 12ga recently. Eight pounds of powder, twenty-five pounds of shot, a thousand primers, and five gallon buckets of hulls.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I hear you. 9mm is a constant, but I've been loading a lot of 12ga recently. Eight pounds of powder, twenty-five pounds of shot, a thousand primers, and five gallon buckets of hulls.
    9mm is such a constant that when a friend bought my M1-A I realized I wanted a second 650 I could leave setup in 9mm more than I wanted an AR-10!

Our group recently inherited a friend's gear, this will allow me to leave the Dillon 900 setup for the 20g skeet load and have a MEC Grabber setup to do the occasional 1oz sporting clays load.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I too enjoy reloading. I have a couple "Just in case" loads (230 FMJ over a classic load of bullseye that works in all my 45 ACP guns and a 124 gr JHP over Unique for all my 9mm pistols). When I just feel like reloading and have plenty of other loads waiting to be tested, I'll crank out some JIC ammo. If I feel like 25, that's OK and if I feel like putting together 100, that's OK too, at least I'm reloading...

Site Supporter
    Where are you getting shot? I quit loading shotgun as seemed like shot prices were crazy

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's not that often reloading for me, but I have trouble calling it a day without putting my hands on some kind of hardware and tools.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Where are you getting shot? I quit loading shotgun as seemed like shot prices were crazy
    Either at WPAFB Rod & Gun where I shoot, or Bottom Dollar Gun & Archery in Jeffersonville, OH a well stocked shop for components and I do not even think they have a www site.

I think I have been paying $42 for shot (might be cheaper at BDG&A, but that is a 50mi special trip), and we are only loading 3/4oz of it, and since we just inherited a buttload of powder we can probably load for about $3.25 a box (powder would probably add $1). But the main reason we do it is to load light loads for skeet, #9 shot is adequate so 3/4oz is plenty and if there is such a load available commercially it would be a $10 high end shell. And we load 3/4oz in 12g, and I am pretty damn sure there is not something out there like that. Plus I can tell myself it is like a 28g training bra...

I didn’t know Bottom Dollar was still open. For some reason I’d assumed they closed down when the other place was at the old outlet mall.

I gave up on reloading shotgun as well due to shot prices and nobody around here carries shot. Maybe I should look a little harder for a source.

All my other ammo gets reloaded except 22LR of course, and 5.45x39.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I'm loading mostly buckshot, which works out cheaper than factory. I bought a 25# bag of #1 buck last week, and I'm glad I did. Looks like the wave of panic has swept up bulk buckshot along with all the factory ammo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List