Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway off the radar

Site Supporter
    My guess is that their system is not handling the big rush since early March. I have spent tons of money there over the years and have no complaints. I shop their clearances, especially knives. Unlike some places, you can send items back on their dime. Brownell's will sell at dealer price to those with a Curio and Relic license, a fact that justifies having one. I don't but should. In my old age, I consider service to be paramount, and if Midway shoves a green weenie up my skirt, I'll cease going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Same thing here. Bogus tracking. No product.

Fuck Potterfield
    Matt Fleming is running the show and Larry is out spending his $200M.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

This month, I ordered a Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1C Brace that wasn't in stock anywhere else at a reasonable price. It shipped in under 48 hours with their standard USPS and should arrive within 7 days. I'm ok with that, though I don't order with them much unless I cannot get somewhere else or it is a really good price (they had some good deals on Crimson Trace recently and blem Aimpoints several months back).

I discovered a long time ago that Midway had higher prices than just about everyone online. To add to that their shipping charges were more than everyone else also.

Larry is a likable cuss but you're paying for all of that down home biscuits and gravy good ol boy feeling.

Somebody needs to get a clue.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I discovered a long time ago that Midway had higher prices than just about everyone online. To add to that their shipping charges were more than everyone else also.
    Generally agree. There, are occasional exceptions that make them worth checking from time to time.

Been over a year since I ordered from them. Usually raid the clearance section for bits and bobbles, targets and ear plugs.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I've ordered 3 or 4 times since covid and shipping was quick.

Last one:
    30 Jun Ordered
    1 Jul Shipped
    6 Jul Delivered

The only problem I ever really had with them was a few (many) years ago when I had some powder in the shopping cart and they added some weird "drop shipping" charge in addition to the hazmat charge that made it cheaper to order from (probably) Powder Valley. They proactively emailed me asking why I bailed and I explained. I admit it tweaked me that if they are not inventorying inventory I am not all that sure what they are doing to earn their piece of the pie, but they wrote back some bravo sierra about being next to I-70 and not being permitted to warehouse powder. I wrote back to the effect of "Let me rephrase, your price was too high."
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-08-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    What Tom_Jones posted is exactly what I found to be true with my most recent purchase from Midwayusa.com. I typically buy from Brownells, but there were a couple of Colt OEM parts I needed and Midway was the only way to get them. I received my order in a couple of weeks. At first I was irked that I couldn't bring up the tracking info based on the number they sent me, then I finally figured out how they ship some items.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    To be fair, I had a problem with a Brownell's product recently and it took them 7 weeks to respond to my 3 emails.
    I called about the last issue I had, I ended up getting free product and quick shipping on what I had actually ordered.
    #RESIST

User Tag List