Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway off the radar

*Larry Potterfield voice* "In 1957, Townsend Whelen said that only accurate shipping notifications and tracking numbers are interesting. Is your tracking number interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    *Larry Potterfield voice* "In 1957, Townsend Whelen said that only accurate shipping notifications and tracking numbers are interesting. Is your tracking number interesting?
    Speaking of Townsend Whelen...from "On Your Own In The Wilderness" by Bradford Angier and COL Townsend Whelen:

The most indispensable tool for a hunter or fisherman or camper, and in fact for any outdoor man and boy anywhere, is the knife-a businesslike knife, sharp and keen. Mrs. Whelen's aunt, who taught high school Latin for thirty years in Nebraska, had the right idea. She asked every class, "Which boys have a jackknife in their pocket?" The ones who had none did not rate very high with her.

Her philosophy was that if a boy did not have a knife and know how to use it, he was not likely to grow up able to do many things for himself...I have had a knife like this in my back pants pocket ever since I was knee-high to a chopping block.
    Common sense...when it was still common.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Speaking of Townsend Whelen...from "On Your Own In The Wilderness" by Bradford Angier and COL Townsend Whelen:

Common sense...when it was still common.
    I always liked that quote and have tried to live up to the idea since I got my first sak at age 10 or 11.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I always liked that quote and have tried to live up to the idea since I got my first sak at age 10 or 11.
    I've been posting it on bladeforums (and here) for years. It's the way things are meant to be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have learned to NOT use their UPS Smartpost shipping option. That is a horrendous way to ship a package. For me, normal UPS ground delivery is 1 day, USPS Priority is 2 days. The "Smartpost" option is 5-7 business days and really doesn't save me any real money.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Banned for not shopping at the above Brownells link
    To be fair, I had a problem with a Brownell's product recently and it took them 7 weeks to respond to my 3 emails.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Many companies are shipping like shit. They're using the coronavirus excuse.

I couldn't give less of a fuck, Amazon. Get me my shit here in two days. I don't care how many boxers you need to kill to do it.

On a serious note, it's not just workplace restrictions. With there being so little air travel, that's suffering as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I don't order much from MidwayUSA, I usually only order from them when Brownells or Primary Arms doesn't have what I need. I ordered a VLTOR A5 kit a week or two ago and had it in like 5 days.
    Wait, what? A5 kits are unobtainium. Midway had some?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Wait, what? A5 kits are unobtainium. Midway had some?
    Yes they did, I just checked my MidwayUSA account and I ordered it on June 28th.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I got 3 Glock 19 Gen 4 RSAs from them, order to delivery was <1 week.

I don't often shop with them these days though.

User Tag List