Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway off the radar

I have received a few orders from MidwayUSA lately. I think they have less inventory then normal, maybe because as well as them, other manufacturers may have reduced work forces. Fortunately the things I really need I always keep on hand.

Bob

Site Supporter
    I used to order a lot from Midway, but have been shopping more at Brownells lately (mainly last year when they were tossing around discounts willy nilly). I've gotten good and accurate CS from both, but in my experience Midway was the quicker one to ship. I could order something mid-week and have it in my hands by Saturday most of the time. Brownells would routinely be over a week. I tend to use Midway more for reloading stuff and Brownells more for gun parts.

Chris

Site Supporter
    My last order from Midway was received in a timely manner, but the timer I ordered did not work for dry fire as advertised. Sent it back on their dime and was refunded in a reasonable time.
    Still haven't bought a timer yet....

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Still haven't bought a timer yet....
    There's free apps you can download to a smart phone that work really well. Give them a try if you haven't.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    There's free apps you can download to a smart phone that work really well. Give them a try if you haven't.
    I have tried the Innovative Applications one on the Iphone and it doesn't pick up live fire, much less dry.
    Alternative suggestions are welcome....

@deputyG23 I use "IPSC Shot Timer", it's adjustable to pick up dry-fire. I have an Android, so I'm unaware if it's available on iPhone or not.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @deputyG23 I use "IPSC Shot Timer", it's adjustable to pick up dry-fire. I have an Android, so I'm unaware if it's available on iPhone or not.
    I've been using this one during quarantine at home and so far I like it the most of the shot timer apps I've tried. For dryfire, I was able to adjust it to where it doesn't pick up the zipper on my Vertx bag being opened but there's nothing you can do about the Law folder slamming shut being recorded as the first shot, but that's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I suspect (but maybe I'm completely wrong and with this being the internet and all it's probably best to assume I am) that all the people bitching about "bogus" tracking numbers simply don't understand the delivery service they selected or that's being used to ship their order to them.

Midway uses UPS Mail Innovations for their cheapest delivery option. This is where the package is shipped via UPS Ground (or whatever UPS's lowest cost, lowest priority, delivery service is) from the point of origin to your local/regional USPS package sorting facility where it is then processed and ultimately makes its way to your local post office to be delivered by your mail carrier.

The problem is that the tracking number is and looks like a regular USPS tracking number, but the post office doesn't know anything about it until they receive it. Which, of course, is after UPS takes its time routing the package across the country using their lowest cost, lowest priority, service. To get tracking updates while the package is still in possession of UPS, you need to track it via the Mail Innovations website: https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

After the package is accepted by USPS you can track it via the usual USPS tracking website. If you just try to track it via USPS when you first get the tracking number, it's going to appear bogus, but it's not. But don't let me get in the way of a good old fashioned Facebook mob doing whatever it is they do. But, like I said, it's probably best to assume I'm completely wrong.
    I can live with that if my package ever shows up. It's been three weeks since the email saying the order shipped; a primer pocket tool and some Glock mags, nothing heavy or hazardous. The problem is the complete lack of response. Can't call, can't chat, and emails only get automated responses. When you have people's money and they don't have their product or any explanation, it can tend to rub the wrong way. This is my first negative experience with them and I'm totally cool with a snafu that a company works to fix. But this isn't that, at least not yet.

Not that anyone needs this update, but in the interest of being fair to Midway, they finally replied via Facebook and said there has been some sort of issue with Mail Innovations that has inconvenienced many customers. They are re-shipping via UPS ground and I should have my stuff in about 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    Not that anyone needs this update, but in the interest of being fair to Midway, they finally replied via Facebook and said there has been some sort of issue with Mail Innovations that has inconvenienced many customers. They are re-shipping via UPS ground and I should have my stuff in about 10 days.
    A backordered item from Midway shipped via the UPS/USPS bastard child donkey show they call Mail Innovations about two weeks ago.
    It finally showed up on tracking yesterday and is already at the last hop before it arrives in my city (a week past the anticipated delivery date).
    I don't think the horrible shipping is Midways fault right now.
    But I despise Mail Innovations and will almost always throw a box of carry ammo into any Midway order so it automatically has to go UPS ground.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List