Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I saw a lady almost die this morning.

I saw a lady almost die this morning.

Saved by her cell phone, believe it or not!

I was stopped behind her at a light, the light changed and she didn't look up for several seconds, obviously dialing or texting. I was just about to give her a short honk because there were a few others behind be that might miss the light.

Whoosh... a car blasted through the intersection probably 75
    mph. If she had pulled away from the light normally, she would be dead.

She didn't even look up from her phone until the other car was long gone. She never saw it and will never know how close she came.

I was tempted to get her attention at the next light and tell her she should pray thanks to the Lord, but she was far ahead and gone.

I always look before crossing an intersection. Green light means nothing. I also look both ways before crossing a one way street. If I'm pulling onto a road and someone is comming with thier blinker on I wait till I see them physically slowing down to pull out. It's the small things that can save allot of trouble

I’ve learned to be cautious with intersections. Not long after my son was born my wife, her sister, my son and I were waiting at one intersection and the light turned green. I started to go after my normal pause and as I approach the middle of the intersection notice out of my peripheral vision a car coming from the right, not slowing. No sooner do I register this than my wife notices, calls my name and I slam on the brakes. My car stopped on a dime and the other car blows the intersection doing at least 50-55. Middle of the day, plenty of other people who saw it.

Afterwards I pulled off to the side just up the road and my wife loses it and is shaking. I was a mixture of scared, relieved and pissed off. Every time I go by that intersection I think of it.

There’s also an intersection on my way home from my primary job site that almost always has somebody run the light by a good 3-4 seconds. I’ve made sure to exercise caution there too and have thus far been fortunate.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’ve learned to be cautious with intersections. Not long after my son was born my wife, her sister, my son and I were waiting at one intersection and the light turned green. I started to go after my normal pause and as I approach the middle of the intersection notice out of my peripheral vision a car coming from the right, not slowing. No sooner do I register this than my wife notices, calls my name and I slam on the brakes. My car stopped on a dime and the other car blows the intersection doing at least 50-55. Middle of the day, plenty of other people who saw it.
    This is one of my worst fears. Having my daughter in the car and be slammed by some ass hat who is drunk or on thier phone. I know I'm a good driver, its everyone else I worry about. Two or three months ago I was walking through a parkinglot. Car slams it into reverse and punches it just as we crossed behind it. I had to pick my daughter up and literally jump out of the way. By the time the car stopped and the driver realized what was going on the spot we were standing in before I jumped out of the way was under the engine block.

I recently pulled from a side road onto a main road. I was fully stopped and a truck headed my way had their blinker on as to turn down my road. So I went. The driver of the truck slammed on their brakes apparently something was wrong in the front end because it jerked the wheel hard to the right. 😂 I did notice from my rearview they turned their blinker off.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

My wife and I got T-boned by a van full of suspended license, career DWI drunks. Came through two red lights at 50+ and pinned us up against a building. We were maybe the 6th or 7th car coming through the intersection after our light turned green. The A-pillar intersection took the main impact; the cops later told us (in the ER) that if they had hit 18” further back, I would have been toast. Pretty much made a mockery of our lives for years: it was 4 years before my wife could blow dry her own hair again.

It was our 14th wedding anniversary, too—we were on our way back from a nice dinner.

At any rate, this is my serious face, when it comes to drunk driving.

Sometimes it's good to be lucky.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Sometimes it's good to be lucky.
    Yep. I've told this story before. Me and another agent from our Baltimore office were sent to Knoxville to work a case. On the drive there from Atlanta we were leapfrogging with a pretty young thing on the highway.

She looked into her purse for too long and ended up swerving into the retaining wall on the highway, bounced off and was immediately run over by an 18 wheeler. Her vehicle was literally crushed under it.

Anyway, long story short, we were first to get to her to render aid and because she didn't have her seat belt on, she was thrown to the passenger seat which was not crushed. She was banged up good and had glass cuts but other than that she survived. I got a call from the highway patrol the next morning to thank us for our assistance.

Awesome that she made it out...but she definitely used up one or more of her lives that day.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I recently pulled from a side road onto a main road. I was fully stopped and a truck headed my way had their blinker on as to turn down my road. So I went. The driver of the truck slammed on their brakes apparently something was wrong in the front end because it jerked the wheel hard to the right. 😂 I did notice from my rearview they turned their blinker off.
    After a similar close call when I was in my late teens/early 20s, I never, ever trust the other driver's blinker. I make it a point to not pull out in front until they've started their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    After a similar close call when I was in my late teens/early 20s, I never, ever trust the other driver's blinker. I make it a point to not pull out in front until they've started their turn.
    Believe me my city has got to be the champion of idiot drivers. I had plenty of room or I wouldnt have gone. His panic reaction was fun to watch.
    Before my daughter started driving she would always get pannicky whenever i turned across breaks in oncoming traffic.
    I always told her...well, its on your side..😂 Shes got her permit now, she did the same thing to me a few weeks ago 😂😂
    From years of riding only motorcycles i developed the idea that the best defense is strong offense. Thats how I drive and taught her. Her driving skills while still on just a permit make me proud.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List