Thread: Police being attacked with fireworks

Site Supporter

Police being attacked with fireworks

I was not sure whether to post this here or General Discussion so that as many of our police participants as possible are aware of this disturbing tactic. Moderators, please move this if you decide it is better placed elsewhere.

Police responding to reports of illegal or dangerous fireworks are now being attacked with fireworks being shot directly at them. The injuries caused by these attacks were not described in the linked article, but some of them were likely horrific.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/po.../06/id/975966/

In the greater Pittsburgh area, multiple fires were started through improper use of fireworks, showing the need for such enforcement. Conversely, my neighbors did all the right things to safely and legally put on a display that would rival any professional display, and had no issues with the police or anyone else.

Your critically important but thankless job seems to be getting worse by the minute. Please be careful.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    This is very much a thing.

I've had enough fireworks thrown/fired at me during riots (plus molotovs, amateurish IEDs, etc.) that fireworks are no longer remotely "fun" for me, which is unfortunate because July 4th means more to me than any other holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    ...July 4th means more to me than any other holiday.
    I hate to be the one to inform you of this, but in today's world that makes you a racist
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I hate to be the one to inform you of this, but in today's world that makes you a racist
    Eh... I've been falsely branded by ignorant, hateful people my whole career.

User Tag List