Thread: Colt Cobra new shoes

Colt Cobra new shoes

I think I've finally found a set of grips I'm happy with for my 2017 Colt Cobra. The grip frame is just different enough from the Detective Special that DS grips don't fit. Altamont and VZgrips both make grips for the new Cobra, but neither fit my hand just right. Hogue recently started making their wood grips for the Cobra, so I ordered a set in Coco Bolo. These may just work!

Damn those are nice

Those look really nice

Site Supporter
    I think you just sold another pair of those!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Yes, very nice. Who made the holster?

I owned a Cobra 2017 edition and loved it, then my heart was seized by the Night Cobra. Still own and shoot and carry the Night Cobra, great revolver. I've tried the Altamonts, and the VZs on both and prefer the Hogue OEM for control, indexing and recoil management. I think I need a set of wood/checkered from Hogue. Nice grips and a great revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Yes, very nice. Who made the holster?
    The holster is a 25+ year old Summer Special from Milt Sparks originally made for a Detective Special I used to own. The trigger guard on the new Cobra is larger than on the Detective Special, so I had to wet the holster and stretch it a bit for the Cobra. It fits perfectly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I owned a Cobra 2017 edition and loved it, then my heart was seized by the Night Cobra. Still own and shoot and carry the Night Cobra, great revolver. I've tried the Altamonts, and the VZs on both and prefer the Hogue OEM for control, indexing and recoil management. I think I need a set of wood/checkered from Hogue. Nice grips and a great revolver.
    The Hogue wood grips don't cover the backstrap like the Hogue OEM rubber grips, the VZs, or the Altamonts. To my mind, they feel and index even better than the OEM's.

Site Supporter

Very nice looking combo!

Handsome, ergonomic and size-proportional. You just won the revolver grip trifecta, son. Great grips; Hogue consistantly turns out good product.

Best, Jon

User Tag List