Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to start buying all guns in pairs

I need to start buying all guns in pairs

My sons 2nd birthday is in a couple weeks. Ive got that covered with a M10 frame from jgsales and a barrel from numerichs.

My 2nd is expected in February and Im looking for their first birthday already. I figure I need to start them off with DA revolvers to help them be better handgun shooters then I ever was.

I just passed on a rusted M15 on gunbroker in my price range and am watching a couple M64s. I wish I bought a half dozen M64s last year at the price I got the one for Charlie.

I had a member here offer to spot me the $ for one of the $200 M10s which I regret not taking but I just didn't feel right.

I think from now on Im just going to buy 2 whenever there's a killer surplus revolver deal. They're drying up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    My sons 2nd birthday is in a couple weeks. Ive got that covered with a M10 frame from jgsales and a barrel from numerichs.

My 2nd is expected in February and Im looking for their first birthday already. I figure I need to start them off with DA revolvers to help them be better handgun shooters then I ever was.

I just passed on a rusted M15 on gunbroker in my price range and am watching a couple M64s. I wish I bought a half dozen M64s last year at the price I got the one for Charlie.

I had a member here offer to spot me the $ for one of the $200 M10s which I regret not taking but I just didn't feel right.

I think from now on Im just going to buy 2 whenever there's a killer surplus revolver deal. They're drying up for sure.
    There's another reason. if you get in a self-defense shooting, you don't want to be unarmed if the suspects family or associates decide to take revenge. In my house, with all the stuff my adult and almost adult kids are reading online about targeting cops, it's nice to have a bunch of Glocks to hand out to your trained family members.

Yeah. Next purchase is highly likely to be another one of my current carry gun.

Wished I’da done this 5 years ago when I started shooting. But I didn’t know a lot then. Still don’t but I’m getting there.

If you get involved in a shooting, your gun will be taken into evidence. Having a better copy that uses the same support gear is a good idea.

Further motivation is current events including the lack of supply in the gun industry. Imagine being involved in a self defense shooting right now with your trusty Glock 19, and going to your local gun store tomorrow looking for an extra Glock 19 you can buy and take home with you. Oh and by the way, while you’re at the gun store tomorrow, you also want to buy a couple hundred rounds of 9mm FMJ training ammunition to get your new pistol. Good luck with that...

Having an exact copy of your carry gun is a very prudent idea.

Site Supporter
    Kids are expensive. A little before Colt pulled the 6920 last time, I snagged two on sale at a good price. I need to get two Glock 19s next. My policy is to buy the high cap guns first and then worry about the others. I wish I loved revolvers, so I wouldn't feel this pressure to buy more and more mags.
    Last edited by pangloss; 07-07-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Hammertime
    Nothing to add but Congrats! Kids are life changing in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    If you get involved in a shooting, your gun will be taken into evidence. Having a better copy that uses the same support gear is a good idea.

Further motivation is current events including the lack of supply in the gun industry. Imagine being involved in a self defense shooting right now with your trusty Glock 19, and going to your local gun store tomorrow looking for an extra Glock 19 you can buy and take home with you. Oh and by the way, while you’re at the gun store tomorrow, you also want to buy a couple hundred rounds of 9mm FMJ training ammunition to get your new pistol. Good luck with that...

Having an exact copy of your carry gun is a very prudent idea.
    Beat Trash:

Good point. This is why I have three identical primary carry weapons. One for carry, one for training and a spare in case I am involved in a shooting. I know any gun I use in a shooting will be taken by the responding authorities and I will likely never see it again. The spare was shot enough to verify the sights and its reliability. The carry gun gets shot only occasionally. The training gun gets shot constantly. One of the nice side benefits of this system is that I don't have to religiously clean my gun after every range session since I have a dedicated training gun. The same system can be used for revolvers or any type of weapon system.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    There's another reason. if you get in a self-defense shooting, you don't want to be unarmed if the suspects family or associates decide to take revenge. In my house, with all the stuff my adult and almost adult kids are reading online about targeting cops, it's nice to have a bunch of Glocks to hand out to your trained family members.
    Paherne...looking to adopt anytime soon? I’m willing to relocate 😁

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    My 2nd is expected in February and Im looking for their first birthday already.
    2 kids + 1 Dad = 3 of each gun.

Thank me later.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    2 kids + 1 Dad = 3 of each gun.

Thank me later.

Okie John
    Okie John:

Agreed. One of the many duties a good father has is to buy appropriate guns for his children. I did/do that for my son. Of course that is why I "lost" several cool guns to my son.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

User Tag List