Thread: Robo-Gardener

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Robo-Gardener

https://onezero.medium.com/tiny-weed...e-99b3a6359c39

In a nutshell, mostly autonomous robots that repeatedly mow down weeds until the weeds die as a replacement for human labor and herbicides. One robot handler to take over manual control if a robot runs into something it can't figure out (or it gets shut off/stuck/etc) but otherwise lets the fleet do it's thing on it's own.

A pretty damned cool idea.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

It’s only a matter of time.

Name:  C2268062-8F9B-45DA-BD31-225B3353EF1E.jpeg
Views: 131
Size:  10.9 KB
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://onezero.medium.com/tiny-weed...e-99b3a6359c39

In a nutshell, mostly autonomous robots that repeatedly mow down weeds until the weeds die as a replacement for human labor and herbicides. One robot handler to take over manual control if a robot runs into something it can't figure out (or it gets shut off/stuck/etc) but otherwise lets the fleet do it's thing on it's own.

A pretty damned cool idea.
    As a teenager I did similar work for low pay until I could tell the time of day by looking at the sun. I'm torn between "where were these things forty years ago" and "damned robot overloards will take even the shittiest jobs from us".
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List