Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

The only ammo I needed this month was .375 H&H.. no problem what-so-ever Getting my Bison gun dialed in. EGW rail in stock, ADM scope mount..in stock.

No real issue finding .22LR either, not like after Sandy Hook.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The only ammo I needed this month was .375 H&H.. no problem what-so-ever Getting my Bison gun dialed in. EGW rail in stock, ADM scope mount..in stock.

No real issue finding .22LR either, not like after Sandy Hook.
    The whole .22 thing was and is a head scratcher to me. Best I can figure it was some kind of retired boomer conspiracy, though I still don’t know to what end goal was. Though it did foretell the great 2020 TP hoarding.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The whole .22 thing was and is a head scratcher to me. Best I can figure it was some kind of retired boomer conspiracy, though I still don’t know to what end goal was. Though it did foretell the great 2020 TP hoarding.
    My neighbor, who walks with the aid of a walker, has probably 50,000 rounds of .22LR in plain sight in his garage. He says he's saving it for when the economy collapses and he needs to shoot stuff for food. I don't have the heart to tell him he can hardly walk, much less hunt.

I go through between 2 to 3 thousand 9mm 124 grain JHP's a month.

At the present I have enough for a couple months, BUT, I'm really not wanting to cut back dramatically. I'm willing to pay a little more for bullets if anyone knows a source.

I'm okay for primers and powder.

Thanks.

Site Supporter

Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

Thanks to this forum, I got into revolvers much more expansively in the last few years, and because of that, I diversified my centerfire handgun ammo portfolio to include .38 SPL, which has been a boon during this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My neighbor, who walks with the aid of a walker, has probably 50,000 rounds of .22LR in plain sight in his garage. He says he's saving it for when the economy collapses and he needs to shoot stuff for food. I don't have the heart to tell him he can hardly walk, much less hunt.
    He should be able to trade it for all the food he’ll need.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I've started shooting a lot more over the past three years, but I've been keeping about the same amount of ammo on hand, which now unfortunately translates into not having enough ammo. Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Sigh. Next cycle, I'm going to stock over a year's worth of ammo.
    According to my spreadsheet, i'm still sitting on a 4 year supply of 9mm, based on consumption rates from 2009 to present. Those numbers might be skewed a bit, as I haven't shot much in the last year due to my range being remodeled. My .22LR stash is sitting at 8 years, and I'll probably be hitting that a lot harder; kind of why it's at that level anyways.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

When all of this started, I had about 50,000 rounds of .22 LR, but I am shooting a lot of it now. I opened up a new brick on 05-JUL and needed another brick the following week. I have gone through about 2,000 rounds in July alone. I need to put away the semi-autos and grab the single-shots, revolvers, and bolt action guns. A Contender carbine takes a lot longer to go through a box of ammo compared to one of my 10/22 rifles. I may even have an excuse to purchase the Bisley Single-Six I have been eyeing at the LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I go through between 2 to 3 thousand 9mm 124 grain JHP's a month.

At the present I have enough for a couple months, BUT, I'm really not wanting to cut back dramatically. I'm willing to pay a little more for bullets if anyone knows a source.

I'm okay for primers and powder.

Thanks.
    @Dan Lehr this is a known good manufacturer.

https://gallantbullets.com/collectio...ose-flat-point
    #RESIST

I’ve not shot 45 in years. Haven’t owned one in years. But I just bought one cause it was a decent price and I have a bunch of 45 ammo.

User Tag List