Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

I've been in two local stores that had 115 grain 9mm FMJ in stock. Neither was a brand I was familiar with. One was selling fifty round boxes for $21 per box, the other $25 per box.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Indeed. They get money on the sale, targets, gun oil, bullets, maybe that cool rifle on the wall.
    There are several stores near me that focus on guns and only stock minimal accessories, ammo etc.

They believe it is not worth trying to compete against the internet and big box stores on things like that.

They also feel the people who are doing transfers to save a few bucks are least likely to make impulse buys.

Site Supporter
    My favorite distributor has just over 2000 different SKU's available in their 'handguns' section, and at the time of this post only 53 of them are in stock.
    If you want a Browning Buckmark or one of their .380 1911's you'll have a few choices, and there's onesy-twosies of some boutique $1500+ competition pistols. Otherwise you're SOL.
    Anything remotely service-pistol ish is cleaned out and backordered with no ETA at all.

Same for any shotgun under $600 dealer cost. If you want a supergrade or a really nice over/under things are fine. If you want a Mossberg 500 you're SOL, backordered for months with no ETA.

Even in the 2012-2013 craziness it wasn't anywhere near this bad.

I've sent a couple of lesser used gats to a couple of the local Merchants of Death on consignment.
    One was more cleaned out more today than they were last week. Probably the best time.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Gosh dang it guys! You now have me all worried I won't be able to pick up a M9A1 before the revolution starts this November. A non-railed M9/92 is going to get me killt in the streets.

I'm going through my collection and looking for guns I would be willing to part with to take advantage of the current situation. They are all either moon rocks (Colt Python, FN BDA9, etc), paperless, or guns I really want to have around.

I have a ton of quality .40 SW that I can't easily get rid of because - KALIFORNIA.

Basically - I'm SOL......

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

I have a ton of quality .40 SW that I can't easily get rid of because - KALIFORNIA.

Basically - I'm SOL......

Are you allowed to sell them out of state?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Now this is just silly:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200709-000300_Chrome.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  25.1 KB

Local range will sell a box of ammo with a firearm purchase, or 2 boxes for use on range. These are most interesting times.
    Taking a break from social media.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Now this is just silly:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200709-000300_Chrome.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  25.1 KB

Local range will sell a box of ammo with a firearm purchase, or 2 boxes for use on range. These are most interesting times.
    Yup.

I grabbed about 4k rounds of .223 FMJ when all this kicked off (plus a bunch of 5.56/9mm defensive ammo). At first I felt a little silly splurging so heavily, but I no longer regret my choice. Seems like absolutely nothing is available except defensive, match and frangible ammo.

Site Supporter
    Got an email from grabagun with subject line touting colt le6920 in stock. In the email body, for the bargain price of $1799. Unsurprisingly they are still in stock. Glad things haven't gotten *that* bad. Yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've sent a couple of lesser used gats to a couple of the local Merchants of Death on consignment.
    One was more cleaned out more today than they were last week. Probably the best time.
    Yep. Have gotten rid of three relatively unloved items at my LGS just walking distance from my house. More may follow.

User Tag List