Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The run on guns here was mostly pistols. I even called an LGS (Sharpshooters, for you locals) and asked if they would take a couple AR15s I wanted to put on consignment, and they said, "We got plenty of AR15s, I don't need anymore".

VAGunTrader.com is overflowing with AR15s that haven't moved at all, as well.
    Everyone probably stocked up during the specter of a VA AWB.

Chris

I think one concern I would have both for guns and ammo is that whatever is being shoved out the door in a hurry may not be ready for prime time.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I just hope they can scrounge up a M9A1 for me once I get done saving my shekels.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's not a time to be shopping for either a service pistol or tactical type rifle.

But, if one is looking for older, used sporting type guns, I suspect now is the time to buy. I suspect there's going to be people wanting to trade in their Fudd guns for something more riot worthy. I've seen tons of Browning A5's in stores.
    My favorite hole in the wall friendly LGS has six used Ruger No 1s. Including 2 in .243. With good glass. Oof.

On the other hand, the last time I was in there, a lady was buying a 5.5 inch Ruger Vaquero for home defense, because that’s what they had.

AR's are kind of scarce, but I've seen a few M1As.

I was also shocked to spot a used CZP07 for $400.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The sales promotion writes itself: "Free pink polo shirt with every AR-15!"
    Eye protection that matches his glasses would complete the look for the win

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wonder if that will change following the "Standoff in St. Louis"
    I don’t think it will for first time buyers . Most people who have no experience with firearms don’t realize just how much harder it is to use a pistol vs a rifle. In the movies they both work equally well as far as accuracy and terminal performance.

Add in the price differential and “difficulty” storing/ transporting and using a long arm vs a handgun and I think most people just aren’t interested. Including a friend of mine who “stocked up” by buying a different 9mm handgun that doesn’t use the same mags or support gear as the m&p he already had, despite the fact he owns neither a repeating rifle or shotgun.

Me on the other hand; I’d rather have a .22 with a dot or LPV than just a handgun in a standoff situation like that.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    My LGS has a pretty ample selection of rifles and handguns. Plenty of Glock, Sig, S&W, etc as well as various ARs, a couple AKs, an M1A, PCCs, and parts to build your own. Ammo is tight but available.

My local shop typically has a decent stock of HK pistols. Last week after league, they had a used P2000sk for $469 that was basically BNIB. They closed at 8pm, and the time was about 8:15, I debated overnight on weather or not I "needed" it. The next day i called 15 minutes after they opened and left a message with the owners son to place it on hold until my consignment check was ready. He called later in the day and said it had been sold. Sort of kicking myself for that choice.

Today I was at Cabelas, and their gun library only had rifles and shotguns, and the pistol cases were getting bare. They had stock, but as usual, prices were high and nothing really jumped out at me.

Looking forward to post panic sell off.
    Taking a break from social media.

In my AO guns are mostly available but ammo is not. Unless you want shotgun ammo you are out of luck.

User Tag List