Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

The gun shop my son works for is putting high demand pistols (when they get them) like P365s and G19s on GunBroker. Then letting the bidding war drive the prices way up.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Is there a .25 Creedmoor yet, or do hipsters only do metric?
    Your prayers have been answered.

https://coldboremiracle.com/2018/10/...-25-creedmoor/
    #RESIST

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    After Sandy Hook when the rim fire drought was in full swing, there was a local FUD who was the self proclaimed “.22 Guy”. Being a FUD, being retired, and also being a member of the local trap and skeet club, he would hang out in McDonalds drinking his bottomless $1.00 cup of coffee and waiting for the local WalMart to restock shelves. He’d be the first one there, and before they put a limit on purchases, he would snag every single box. (The Mickey D’s and the WalMart are surprisingly within line of sight of each other.). There was speculation he had some “inside help” on notification too.

Anyhow, on the weekdays and weekends when the club was open, you’d find him reselling his booty from the trunk of his Crown Vic. Prices were what you’d expect...robbery. I never partook, but spoke to some that saw him in action. He had quite the racket going until the State PoPo got involved I guess. Something about selling ammo and not checking for the required state firearm owners card I heard...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I had no idea that cartridge existed. It's pretty fantastic looking to me!

Spotted a 6.5 at the LGS the other day, but wasn't in the mood for an Arisaka. The dang thing is longer than I am.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

this thing just continues to spiral...no end in sight....

A friend of mine on the gulf coast went to the gun show in Mobile today and told me that used Glocks that would normally sell for $375-$425 were going for as much as $800 and people were lined up to buy them.

I got an email Friday from a supplier I have done business with in the past, bragging that they had some Federal American Eagle 115gr FMJ for $449/1000 if I acted fast.

This is by far the craziest upside down market of my long life. And the election less than 100 days away, I doubt it turns.

Anybody ready for 9mm ball ammo at 75 cents a round?

If you have guns you want to get rid of for any reason, now is the time to sell. Gunbroker, consignment, or advertising on your favorite web forums....now is the time to consider it.

Site Supporter
    I just ordered another case of 38 Super for $350.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    It's a dying cartridge until there's a shortage.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Someone shoots USPSA Major...

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's a dying cartridge until there's a shortage.
    Yup. Sometimes I wish I had held onto my Glock 20 just so I could have .40 and .357 SIG conversion barrels for it for times like these.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List