Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Sigh. I can’t buy any more guns this year, unfortunately. Paid off a car, paying off some dental work, house maintenance stuff. Might have to buy another car. And the safe is stuffed at the moment.

Got to get a bigger safe, I know.
    I feel your pain, brother. My safe is not long on extra room, and I have other expenses as well.

Otherwise, I might have bought the minty used Sako Bavarian Carbine .308 that someone traded in, too!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Re: Online gun sellers, many LGS in my area are not accepting transfers.
    I must be missing a piece of the puzzle on that. Sure, they make more money on a gun actually sold in store, but why turn down the revenue, especially at a time when it's difficult to get stock to sell?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I must be missing a piece of the puzzle on that. Sure, they make more money on a gun actually sold in store, but why turn down the revenue, especially at a time when it's difficult to get stock to sell?
    The LGS where I shoot hasn't done transfers since they reopened after their corona shutdown. They can't keep up with the number of people coming through the door. When I left at closing time last Thursday, there were still 15-20 people waiting to check out.

Is NICS still taking forever to finish?
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Hmm. Time to dump all my Gen3 Glocks that I never shoot. I have to strip off the connectors, SCDs, etc and get them back to stock. I bet I could hi-ball the price and they would sell on consignment at my LGS.
    Worth it. I'm continuing to get rid of stuff, and it's a good feeling. Yesterday, I picked up the last check for M2 PMags I put on consignment back in March. I have long since replaced them with current-rev M3 PMags bought online. Made money upgrading.

If you have enough ammo to spare it, a box of FMJ under the gun seems to pad the price and speed the sale nicely.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    In a single image, this is why I will never do business with Cheaper Than Dirt.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Just went and checked Lucky Gunner, sgammo, and Target Sports. All had less than 6 choices for 9mm, either shot shells or premium defense ammo. Curious how many cases vs individual boxes left the docks recently.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Hmm. Time to dump all my Gen3 Glocks that I never shoot. I have to strip off the connectors, SCDs, etc and get them back to stock. I bet I could hi-ball the price and they would sell on consignment at my LGS.
    A buddy did this with a blued Mini-14 that he’s had since high school. It sold for over $500 in less than 24 hours.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Seriously, if there's anything in your safe that you're not committed to long term, now is the time to unburden yourself.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    The ones not accepting transfers are the ones that have stock.

My LGS literally has a line out the door due to COVID capacity restrictions and their three 4473 computer stations are full all day.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Seriously, if there's anything in your safe that you're not committed to long term, now is the time to unburden yourself.
    Is it worth trying to sell anything on gunbroker, or should one find a local gun store and see if they will take things on consignment?

User Tag List