Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Arc’Teryx Phasic Hoodie Canc’ed. Best Summer-Weight Successor?

I am wearing the Remige Hoody, alone. I reckon that a similarly-wicking base layer could be worn, but I see the Remige as a base layer.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Well, after 30+ hours of wearing the Remige, which included more sweaty dog walks, several hours outdoors, and adding a new circuit, installing a 20-amp GFCI outdoor plug, I needed a shower, desperately, but the Remige itself was just starting to smell, and not what one would call stinky. I trusted that it would work in AZ’s dry heat, for GJM, but this was the not-as-hot, but extremely muggy Houston, Texas area.

Regrettably, I did not buy/order when I could get the best men’s sizes, M and L, for me. (M for base layer, and L for outer layer, or as only later for AIWB.) I will have to settle for oversized XL and XXL, and not have much color choice. Hopefully, Arc’Teryx does another production run.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Patagonia Tropic Comfort II Hoody

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    http://https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-tropic-comfort-hoody-ii/52124.html

Have 5 of them. Great for hot weather and sun protection. Mine are all three years old and still look new even though I wear them all the time. Just note they run large.
    I just put my Patagonia Tropic Comfort II Hoody through a similar test, as I did the Remige. Comfort, in the heat, is almost as good as the Remige, and far better than the Columbia fishing-oriented hoody. Odor control seems to be about as good as the Remige.

My sample being size M, it fits me base-layer-close, so covering weapons is not practicable. I will probably acquire an L or XL, soon. The M’s sleeves are a bit too short, for my relatively long arms, so an L would be a best practice, for the sun, anyway, being able to use the thump loops without having to stretch the sleeves.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just put my Patagonia Tropic Comfort II Hoody through a similar test, as I did the Remige. Comfort, in the heat, is almost as good as the Remige, and far better than the Columbia fishing-oriented hoody. Odor control seems to be about as good as the Remige.

My sample being size M, it fits me base-layer-close, so covering weapons is not practicable. I will probably acquire an L or XL, soon. The M’s sleeves are a bit too short, for my relatively long arms, so an L would be a best practice, for the sun, anyway, being able to use the thump loops without having to stretch the sleeves.
    Good to hear. This seems like a more cost-effective (read, "cheaper") alternative to the Arc’Teryx.

ETA: which color, and does it have the big, gaudy fish on the back?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Good to hear. This seems like a more cost-effective (read, "cheaper") alternative to the Arc’Teryx.

I have a full set of pastels from a few seasons ago. This year has more neutral colors and a camo option. Not all of them have a fish on them but if that’s your thing that’s an option.

I will say, that based on my experience with these, the fabric is thin enough that printing can be an issue with the lighter colors. Darker colors help, and the camp pattern is probably ideal as it’s darker colors and the pattern would break up any profile.

Also worth considering the non hoodie version of these. If it’s not windy I will wear the crew version with a wide brim hat as the hoodie is very annoying when inside or anytime it’s not over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just put my Patagonia Tropic Comfort II Hoody through a similar test, as I did the Remige. Comfort, in the heat, is almost as good as the Remige, and far better than the Columbia fishing-oriented hoody.
    I have a Columbia hoodie as well. Not even close to the Patagonia in quality or function.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

Mine is the “coral” color, with no fish. I’ll probably order a gray one, without the fish, but am also thinking about the blue-ish camo. I may order more than one, in more than one size.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

https://www.mountainhardwear.com/men...0-1829321.html

Another option. Picked one of these up yesterday. Material is very light and soft. Nice thumb loops. Doesn’t fit as loose as the Patagonia tropic comfort. Size runs true on these, large on these is equal to med on the Patagonia’s.

For $41 it’s really high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    https://www.mountainhardwear.com/men...0-1829321.html

Another option. Picked one of these up yesterday. Material is very light and soft. Nice thumb loops. Doesn’t fit as loose as the Patagonia tropic comfort. Size runs true on these, large on these is equal to med on the Patagonia’s.

For $41 it’s really high quality.
    Good to know; thanks!

Don’t tread on volcanos!

These are made in the usa, inexpensive, spf 39. Im usually between a large and extra large and a size large fits well. It has not started to stink after 40 hours of constant wear. It dries much faster than the patagonia tropic that is also a great shirt. The material reminds me of capilene midweight except softer and lighter weight. The gray and brown are both lighter than the pics. The knit is much more open and I dont expect it to last as long as the tropic which is 3 yrs old, somewhat stretched out but otherwise in great shape.

https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore...un-hoodie.html

User Tag List