Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Et tu, Zev? The ZEV/SIG P320

Site Supporter
    I've always wondered how much cheaper Zev stuff would be if they would allow their CNC machines a little downtime and eliminated the white trash decorative machining of every possible surface.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    How will the QC be...
    I could be wrong...but in a straight a 2k Challenge competition between a Zev 320 and a brand new Colt Series 70...I'd probably call 2:1 in favor of the Colt.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I could be wrong...but in a straight a 2k Challenge competition between a Zev 320 and a brand new Colt Series 70...I'd probably call 2:1 in favor of the Colt.
    Ouch, that'll leave a mark..

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I've always wondered how much cheaper Zev stuff would be if they would allow their CNC machines a little downtime and eliminated the white trash decorative machining of every possible surface.
    That cracks me up, but you're right. They're like steel eating termites. If there aren't holes in it, it's not a ZEV!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Exactly! And several other companies as well...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Ouch, that'll leave a mark..
    It's not that bold a statement, IMO. The odds of a brand new Colt S70 (or S80 actually) running great out of the box are actually very good in my experience, assuming 45 or 38 Super. The biggest risk to success in the 2K challenge would be running completely dry, which is a real problem for a 1911. This doesn't qualify for the 2K challenge, but I have multiple Colts that have gone way beyond 2000 rounds with no failures with just proper lubrication.

User Tag List