Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminals: PDW deployed from concealment, reported backpack

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Y'all a bit late. "draco" is now well established in hip hop culture alongside G-locks.

]
    I actually thought of that "song" (that's a generous description) when I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You know, I never gave it any thought...but maybe. In any case, I ended up with a bunch. They were great for hauling seized drugs and money.

ETA: The only guys I saw with Halliburton cases were usually agents.

(Never owned one myself, but I'm not a briefcase guy...except for the nice ballistic nylon one I got for court that could take kevlar panels.)
    I remember passing through airport security in Ohio in the early 1980's. A screener at the gate checked my Halliburton briefcase, and then told me "Good luck on your buy-bust, Detective Crockett".

About the only witty comeback I had, was offering to pay ten bucks for a Sudafed. I was dreading going on an airplane trip with a sinus headache. That was a very miserable trip.

The case was a gift from a lady friend who swooned over Don Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I remember passing through airport security in Ohio in the early 1980's. A screener at the gate checked my Halliburton briefcase, and then told me "Good luck on your buy-bust, Detective Crockett".

About the only witty comeback I had, was offering to pay ten bucks for a Sudafed. I was dreading going on an airplane trip with a sinus headache. That was a very miserable trip.

The case was a gift from a lady friend who swooned over Don Johnson.
    I still carry the Zero Halliburton attache I bought in 1989, and it still draws comments. My usual response to a comment is something like, "Well, the nuclear football has to be safe". The attache has been with me to every continent but Antarctica and has been everywhere from boardrooms to factory floors. It actually makes a great improvised seat.

Guns and bags are nothing new. I remember watching a documentary about Miami in the 80's, I think it was Cocaine Cowboys but it might have been a different one, where a Colombian hitman pulled an Uzi from a bag in a restaurant and smoked some dudes.

In my area, AR pistols seem to be the 2020 equivalent of the Glock with the 30+ round magazines as the miscreant's gun of choice. I asked around and others are seeing the same thing.

The good news is that they don't come with sights as a factory option and the users don't tend to add them. Of course, that didn't stop a local homicide that involved a head shot at 20ish yards which the victim was running away.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    In my area, AR pistols ... the miscreant's gun of choice.
    what's the street name for it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    what's the street name for it?
    AR/AR variants are generally known as "Choppa's" or "Choppers."

I thought AKs were choppers?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

ok, I knew thats what AKs were called, but I figured an AR would have a different moniker, like "two two trey" or sumfin

User Tag List