Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminals: PDW deployed from concealment, reported backpack

Criminals: PDW deployed from concealment, reported backpack

We had another bunch of criminals engage in a gunfight at the food court of the local big mall, which is now becoming notorious for the many gunfights that have happened there at least a couple where the innocent fell in the cross fire. This time an AR pistol from a backpack by several reports.

"During the argument, police said the suspect armed himself with a 5.56 caliber pistol and fired towards the group of males and gunfire was returned."

Sadly only innocent bystanders were hit, including an 8 year old boy who died.

Storyhttps://abc3340.com/news/local/hoove...-mall-shooting

I think the criminals have discovered the utility of the PDW type weapon in the backpack, I expect to see this again.
    Last edited by fatdog; 07-06-2020 at 06:53 AM.

"Gunfight at the foodcourt"? WTF?
    Deployed PDW from backpack? Great, now all backpacks are going to be suspect. I was kind of hoping we would keep that edge in maintaining a low profile with PDW's.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Malls in general seem to be rapidly devolving in to hubs of this type of criminal activity. Honestly I tend to shy away from malls because of this. Last mall I went to, Lenox Square, there was a shooting a few hours after my family and I left. IIRC it was a parking space dispute.

Interesting that this was an alleged bagged PDW deployment. Hopefully this doesn’t result in legislation against AR pistols or PDW weapons or accessories of (LAW folders, collapsing braces, etc)
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    "Gunfight at the foodcourt"? WTF?
    Deployed PDW from backpack? Great, now all backpacks are going to be suspect. I was kind of hoping we would keep that edge in maintaining a low profile with PDW's.
    I realize I'm probably ahead of the curve, but I always assume a backpack, instrument case, tennis bag, etc. has a gun in it. I've told the somewhat humorous story of seeing a guy in a Starbucks in a mall who'd been sitting there for awhile start to open his guitar case, make mental preparations to burn him down, and being completely surprised when he took out a guitar. Which is fine. Being surprised it's a guitar results in a humorous story. Being surprised it's a gun might result in no more stories.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I realize I'm probably ahead of the curve, but I always assume a backpack, instrument case, tennis bag, etc. has a gun in it.
    Yep, to me a backpack = gun/drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Yep, to me a backpack = gun/drugs.
    Don't forget cash.

I had quite a stash of bags accumulated in my office back when.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Malls in general seem to be rapidly devolving in to hubs of this type of criminal activity. Honestly I tend to shy away from malls because of this. Last mall I went to, Lenox Square, there was a shooting a few hours after my family and I left. IIRC it was a parking space dispute.

Interesting that this was an alleged bagged PDW deployment. Hopefully this doesn’t result in legislation against AR pistols or PDW weapons or accessories of (LAW folders, collapsing braces, etc)
    Criminals on the whole aren't getting more or less smart. They'll just keep using what's available. And as pistols and braces become more common, truth is you're likely to see more and more of them used in crimes. Most non-gun folks don't have PDW's or AR pistols on their radar quite yet. But once someone makes national news with one, they'll realize they Need To Do Something™.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Criminals on the whole aren't getting more or less smart. They'll just keep using what's available. And as pistols and braces become more common, truth is you're likely to see more and more of them used in crimes. Most non-gun folks don't have PDW's or AR pistols on their radar quite yet. But once someone makes national news with one, they'll realize they Need To Do Something™.
    I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet, especially after the Ohio mass shooting last year in which the shooter used a braced AR pistol.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    They’re pretty damn popular with the criminals who can steal em or buy em around here, definitely already on the radar based on the number of reported shootings using rifle caliber firearms I read about. You also see em fairly often in robbery videos.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Just sayin' the average anti-gunner (I should've said that, instead of "non-gun folks") doesn't keep up with what's new and cool, but they can probably tell you that AR15 = assault rifle. If you asked about AR15 pistols, they probably won't know what you're talking about. Not that they know much about any guns. But most aren't yet aware of the brace "loophole".

User Tag List