Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Duty Load

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    The problems, as I see it, with choosing a carry load for a short-barreled pistol are:

1. ATK/Winchester/etc only release test data w/ duty pistols (AFAIK)
    2. YouTube testers who test in short barrels have sketchy methodologies. I don't trust their results.
    3. Government entities who might do their own testing with backup weapons don't release their data.

Not that Chuck isn't a reliable and respected fella, but I hate that the best source of info we have is anecdotal forum posts.
    You have an excellent resource for duty ammo that passes FBI / IWBA protocol gel testing. It's the Self Defense Ammo FAQ. Every round on it was tested with all protocols conforming to FBI standards and is the widely accepted gold standard terminal ballistics data for those rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Did you just link to another website that has information from this website?
    Did you just ask a question you know the answer to?

Does the answer to your question matter?

Site Supporter
    @Navin Johnson - FWIW, 124 +P isn’t that bad from a small gun. I’ve got several hundred rounds of HST through my P99c, including the hundred I shot in one range session to vet it, with no problems or ill effects. I’ve also gone through most of two 500-round cases of Winchester NATO spec hardball (which chronos about the same as +P) in that gun, including a class with about 300 rounds. I’m not some buff warrior but a geezer. And that performance, from what I’ve read, is par for the course for most of the compact 9s.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Navin Johnson - FWIW, 124 +P isn’t that bad from a small gun. I’ve got several hundred rounds of HST through my P99c, including the hundred I shot in one range session to vet it, with no problems or ill effects. I’ve also gone through most of two 500-round cases of Winchester NATO spec hardball (which chronos about the same as +P) in that gun, including a class with about 300 rounds. I’m not some buff warrior but a geezer. And that performance, from what I’ve read, is par for the course for most of the compact 9s.
    Agreed. 135+P Gold Dots through my .38 S&W J Frame is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    Agreed. 135+P Gold Dots through my .38 S&W J Frame is not bad.
    Same with Winchester RA38B 130 gr +P in a 642-1 J frame.

I don't find HST 124+P in a Glock 26 problematic either. And the 124 standard (Gold Dot) is a reasonable alternative for those who might.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I find that 147's (and full wad-cutters in a J) are easier or more controllable SHO/WHO.

124+P 9 and 135+P .38 are fine just not as easy for me.

But I appreciate the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    There are small guns, and then there are Small guns. I think there is a big difference in in the thicker chopped down full size guns, like the G26 or your P99C, in the slimline small guns like the G43, P365, etc. The latter will be more affected by the +P loads in terms of recoil, reliability, and wear.

Site Supporter
    @Bucky - Good point, I don’t have anything that small.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Did you just link to another website that has information from this website?
    The information linked on that website has been available there longer than this forum has existed. Doc Roberts' data has been on Arfcom's Ammo Oracle for damned near 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post

Why oh why Ammo Gods, couldnt you have given me a plentiful supply of my favorite load, 135gr+P Fed Tac Bonded.
    Gunbroker has the Tac Bonded.

User Tag List