Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Duty Load

Target Sports' USA has them in stock.
    Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain +P Jacketed Hollow Point
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/9mm-...ammo-c-51.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This calls for a philosophical discussion of epistemology.

How we know what we know, and how we know we know it.

Whoa, blues, that is one helluva a tangent from the OP's first post (which related to testing proposed issue ammunition) and in a technical forum, no less.

I am sure that a profound philosophical discussion of a priori and a posteriori knowledge will clarify all of this.*

*Not!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I have decided to move on and go back to the Speer 124gr + P Gold Dot in my G19. Tried and true. I have several boxes on backorder and will change out my ammo when it arrives.

I use 124 gr HST standard pressure in my P365. I'll stick with that for the forseeable future.
    Well, it turns out the back order is an estimated 3 months or more. Fortunataly I found 50 round boxes of factory fresh 124gr +P HST in stock at a local shop. That works too!

Thanks for the heads up on the 147's folks.

So,have we received any actual yay/nay definitive evidence from either Doc,Federal,etc? I'd hate to dump perfectly good ammo on what is mainly unsubstantiated hearsay? If there were pictures that would go a long way towards easing my mind,especially since EVERY single round I've fired through animals and 4 layer denim/water has expanded every time,albeit not perfectly.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    So,have we received any actual yay/nay definitive evidence from either Doc,Federal,etc? I'd hate to dump perfectly good ammo on what is mainly unsubstantiated hearsay? If there were pictures that would go a long way towards easing my mind,especially since EVERY single round I've fired through animals and 4 layer denim/water has expanded every time,albeit not perfectly.
    I've asked around with some folks that I think would know and haven't nailed anyone down on anything, but it seems like there's always rumblings and rumors. So at this point no fire but some smoke. I'm not dumping mine, FWIW.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    I don’t think it’s unsubstantiated hearsay when @Chuck Haggard is posting here with what he’s seen first hand.

I’ve also been able to confirm what the OP posted with a different individual.
    Last edited by TC215; 08-05-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Target Sports' USA has them in stock.
    Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain +P Jacketed Hollow Point
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/9mm-...ammo-c-51.aspx
    Is the 124gr still considered a top option?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Is the 124gr still considered a top option?
    Yup. It's on Doc's list, and those of us who don't carry the 147s are using 124s in either standard or +P in Gold Dots or HST.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've asked around with some folks that I think would know and haven't nailed anyone down on anything, but it seems like there's always rumblings and rumors. So at this point no fire but some smoke. I'm not dumping mine, FWIW.
    Alrighty. I'll keep carrying it,it's super accurate,has fed 100% reliably,and has been one shot stops on coyotes and jackrabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I don’t think it’s unsubstantiated hearsay when @Chuck Haggard is posting here with what he’s seen first hand.

I’ve also been able to confirm what the OP posted with a different individual.
    Can you IM me some more info please? I respect Chuck a lot,it's my skepticism rearing it's ugly head without photographic or first hand evidence to support said claims.

User Tag List